I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

For some reason adding cream cheese makes something “Seattle-style”. Like if you order a “Seattle roll” from a sushi place, it will have cream cheese in it. I don’t know why this is a thing. I live near Seattle and I’m not aware of there being any big cream cheese lobby or anything here.

At least adding avocado to something making it “California-style” makes sense to me since California avocados are Serious Business (and there literally is an avocado lobby in California).

6 Likes

Wouldn’t it make it Philadelphia style?

14 Likes

Nothing; some people are just food snobs and/or control freaks.

:slight_smile:

I mean, it’s not as if we’re talking about putting ketchup on a steak that’s cooked well done, for Pete’s sake.

17 Likes

If your goal is to ruin mustard for us nobles, you heathens underestimate our faith. I have mustards whose deliciousness cannot be sullied by any number of unsavory cognitive associations. Fire away!

5 Likes

Ironically, Philadelphia has nothing to do with cream cheese. Then again, neither does Seattle (as far as I know), so… FIIK?

5 Likes

Comes from a failed bagel salesman, apparently.

http://mynorthwest.com/82273/cream-cheesehot-dog-the-history-behind-the-seattle-dog/

4 Likes

… and I’ll go on record here as saying a Seattle-style dog sounds mouthwatering to me. That combination of creamy, salty, and umami sounds delightful.

I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve actually tried one.

3 Likes

And when I’m done sucking down those grease-ball burgers, I’m gonna wipe my mouth with the American flag, and then I’m gonna toss the Styrofoam container right out the side, and there ain’t a goddamned thing anybody can do about it, you know why? Because we got the bombs, that’s why.

13 Likes

Don’t forget to kick a bald eagle nest while you’re at it.

14 Likes

With the anchovies?

5 Likes

It’s close enough. I mean, NY, Philly… pretty much the same, eh.

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

8 Likes

Are you trying to start a flame war?

10 Likes

Commie.

10 Likes

Card carrying, you seedless fruit.

14 Likes

Reading a 19th century novel I ran across mention of walnut ketchup which sounded like a delightful thing as well.

I’ve gotta say I really do admire your hot pink 1967 Cadillac Eldorado convertible. The baby fur seal headlights are a nice touch.

13 Likes

18 Likes

Hey, there’s no need to go that far. Seedless? Seedless?! Why you gotta make it so personal?

12 Likes

Oh, I need to try this. Making it is. If I read the ingredient list it is a lot of savory. And also leave it a long time alone on a very slow simmering stove. Maybe, if I’m fast I can still find some black walnuts.
I’ve made black walnut liquor, it’s a great thing when you not drink to much of it. :wink:

5 Likes

I thought it was NY and Boston that were pretty much the same. Shows what I know.

7 Likes

Aren’t they?

And it can go 115mph (although it only gets 1mpg at that speed).

5 Likes