I’m a mustard only kinda guy, but goddamn people, THIS

is now my lunch today.

And it was good.

18 Likes

So a hot dog IS a sandwich. Knew it. :smiley:

7 Likes

You had me at sordid. Do continue.

4 Likes

I am sooo hungry right now, I want a hot dog. Onions, tomatoes, mustard and ketchup.

12 Likes

I am fucking printing this out, framing it, and hanging it on my wall.

10 Likes

I like the cut of your jib.
Granted, the Holy Brat should not even be included with these lesser tubes-o-meat.

7 Likes

Okay, now I’m going for the gold medal of heresy.

This is my lunch today:

Om nom nom…

13 Likes

is that a Chopped Cheese?

6 Likes

Philly cheese steak, with hot peppers.

YUM.

10 Likes

Walnuts are an abomination.

7 Likes

You shut your potty mouth.

22 Likes

To quote my mom:

“You don’t know what’s good.”

15 Likes

/unfriend

20 Likes

Rancid walnuts are an abomination. Though I’ll grant you that their skins are more tannic and bitter than that of pecans.

When it comes to nuts (true and pseudo): the higher the proportion of polyunsaturated fat, the faster it goes rancid. Walnuts are highest in such fats, which is why they get such a bum rep.

13 Likes

To each their own. Or as my grandfather used to say, “That’s why they make chocolate and vanilla.”

15 Likes

Why did they make strawberry?

12 Likes

I tease my kid for eating hot dogs with ketchup. My kid doesn’t even have good taste in ketchup, either! It’s syrupy sweet commercial tomato ketchup.

I don’t usually eat hot dogs, but when I do I like them with mustard, onions, and hot peppers.

My main grievance with hot dogs is that the buns are almost universally horrid. None of the store-bought varieties are made anything close to being decent bread. They are always spongy, soft, and flavorless - like “Wonder Bread” that instantly turns into paste on the roof of one’s mouth. What we need instead is something more like a hot dog bun sized baguette. Does anybody make these? I have made a mental note to try making something like this if I know I will be eating hot dogs.

7 Likes

All I know is Neapolitan was made for people like me who have many tastes.

12 Likes

Like a hoagie roll? Cut the end off, scoop in innards out, fill with ketchup, onions, mustard and slide the dog right into it, sort of thing.

10 Likes

The problem with that is, it’s hard to get the texture right. Your basic hot dog (even the expensive ones) doesn’t have a lot of texture or mouth-feel to it, so if you make what should be a real good bun, it overwhelms the hot dog.

I’ve switched to Nature’s Own brand of whole wheat hot dog buns when we eat hot dogs at home. At least there’s some fiber, though we’re not exactly talking about nutritious and healthy meals here.

6 Likes