I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

I had the right sort of things years ago in Czechoslovakia (which shows how long ago it was!)
White roll, lightly crusty, impaled on a disturbingly phallic spike. Mustard inside, dunk the dog in more mustard, slide into the bun, top with a squirt of more mustard.

Now I think of it, it was more like a bready cup of mustard, with traces of hotdog. Awesome with a beer.

10 Likes

You fucking philistine, make up your mind! Neapolitan is an abomination, why don’t you just cover your ice cream with hot dogs, ketchup, and ranch.

All y’all have greatly disappointed me today.

14 Likes

Ya know, that would be an interesting combination of tastes…

9 Likes

16 Likes

Finally got off Work, dropped Mrs Tachin off early at her dance school, driving along with Tachin Jr in the back seat and… What’s this? A wild hot dog stand appears!

Let’s add the works.

Tachin Jr put some nacho cheese on his.
Today was a good day.

22 Likes

“Unnecessary anger”?

Well I, for one, found this thread wonderfully cathartic.

If ketchupy.

*Urp.

12 Likes

In Sheboygan, WI they eat their Bratwurst on a variation of a Kaiser roll

Yep, a round bun for tubular meat – Southerners are weird. They either put two Brats in there or else they split one Brat down the center.
I’ve seen some hot dog buns at our local chain grocery store ?Albertsons? that they make in their bakery – they have a bit more character than commercial ones, but still aren’t all that great (kids won’t eat 'em because they are not close enough to the fuff ones).

5 Likes

You can take a boy out of Wisconsin, but you’ll never take all the Wisconsin out of a boy. :joy_cat:

Don’t know about your relatives, but when mine got together, someone was always shouting out so-and-so’s got “Johnsonvile brats” [including the fading echo implied therein].

7 Likes

Sorry, Missy, but the literally make me puke. Worst cookie on earth: oatmeal, rasin, walnut with butterscotch icing. That’ll turn me right into Linda Blair.

2 Likes

OMFG, that sounds scrumptious.

The cookie, I mean. Not the vomit.

12 Likes

You can have my lifetime allotment. I’m not even kidding about the vomit. Butterscotch and oatmeal make me puke upon tasting. Been this way since I was 9. Not sure if it’s a violent allergic reaction or genetically based, straight up violent rejection. As of last week, when a cake we were told contained caramel actually contained walnuts, walnuts are officially on the ‘pukes on contact’ list.

4 Likes

I love strawberry just as much as vanilla and chocolate. For me, Neapolitan ice cream is a half-gallon of egalitarianism. Scrumptious egalitarianism.

8 Likes

Works out to be too bready

I have wrapped up better quality dogs in lavash and it was nice.

9 Likes

I just stop right there. From a distance, oatmeal raisin cookies generally resemble chocolate chip cookies, to an extent (especially when my glasses aren’t on). One bite = instant and bitter disappointment.

But I don’t mind walnuts. And I like butterscotch in some contexts. But not very many.

I like Butter Rum Lifesavers, but in this context:

…why the hell aren’t they called Butt-O-Rum?

16 Likes

Looking for some tips?

8 Likes
8 Likes

If I didn’t bake 'em or carefully inspect the ingredient label, I ain’t gonna eat any cookie that appears to be chocolate chip. ::shudders::

My own cookies, if I choose to bake them, are most likely to feature good dark chocolate, and mint, when possible. That’s assuming the cookies aren’t sugar cookies slathered in icing and sprinkles. :blush:

3 Likes

In the spirit of this thread, I have one: tell a South Philly native that the best cheesesteak is made with provolone and ketchup. Film the results with your smartphone, assuming they haven’t stolen it from you out of spite.

6 Likes

Ketchup is for steak.

My hot dogs feature mustard and mayonnaise. Although I’ve also used curry sauce, blue cheese dressing, greek dressing with cucumbers and feta, grape jelly, port-wine cheese spread, and… some other things.

I was going to grill some hot dogs the other night, but I set my grill on fire, instead. I hope it still works. I was able to save the grill pan with the veggies, but they were thoroughly be-sooted. The bacon-wrapped cream-cheese-stuffed jalapeno pepper which might have triggered the conflagration was both saved and delicious.

12 Likes

You. I like you.

Wait, wait, wait—a GIF, I need a GIF, where is it…ah, here we go:

8 Likes