Idiot driver ruins own car in a spectacular fashion

Scottsdale is not a place that motivates mercy.

3 Likes

Interacting with cars is the single most dangerous thing most of us do on a regular basis. It is so frustrating to see how many drivers either do not understand this or simply do not care. When a person is driving, they have ONE JOB: get to their destination without being involved in an accident. Anyone who can’t be arsed to focus on that should fucking walk, or take an Uber, or stay the fuck at home.

I feel terrible for the bystanders, the innocent victims, and the people who care about the reckless drivers but I have nothing but frustration and anger for the idiots who endanger others by driving like nobody else on the planet matters. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

12 Likes

Thank you.

i like the hope and thought that “maybe they were in a hurry for a reason”. and being kind

I also laughed like hell at the could of brake and tire smoke as he POOF- offroad-pants-crapping-incident.

in the back of my mind, I hear Uncle Jesse saying “well NOW what are those Duke boys up to?”

1 Like

“Ah, it’s nothing to be proud of, Rusty!” (quietly) “Fifty yards!”

1 Like

I’m terribly sorry for your family’s loss: that is unfathomable and horrific.

5 Likes

If you’re going to drive like an asshole,

1. Learn how to drive
  2. Learn some basic physics
  3. Consider driving something with a low center of gravity, as opposed to an SUV

Or better yet…don’t do it at all.

2 Likes

Having had to drive in Scottsdale regularly, I am not shocked by this video. I feel like the roads are filled with elderly that go slow, stop or are erratic. There are a bunch of high end mid life crisis car drivers. Then there are a good number of belligerent angry drivers. It’s so weird because you hit the freeway, pass someone doing 40 in the middle lane, while some one zooms past at 90 on the slow lane to eventually try to get off the highway to realize a 90 year old driver has stopped dead because she is worried about missing her exit.

I don’t complain about seattle traffic because I have to go down there so much. Seattle drivers are pretty universal in their dysfunction. Easier to gauge that way.

2 Likes

Yep. Plus I would take great joy in telling them I had the dashcam footage and would be submitting it to the police (and their insurer if I could find out who that was - ETA in the UK I could enter their car’s reg no. and find out in an instant, though it may cost me £5 if I was not actually in an accident with that car/ Totally worth it, though.)

But this was extreme, fuckwitted reckless and dangerous driving. (‘Furious Driving’ used to be an offence here, ISTR). I don’t think it qualifies as road rage, which is something else.

1 Like

This is because in Arizona, being desertic, there are a lot of cactus plants. Some of these while having edible and delicious fruits have laxative properties.

4 Likes

Generally in the winters, yes. The summer usually forces a retreat to cool environs, like the northern portion of the state, or the upper 48 states. There’s a reason why we call em ‘snowbirds’…

There are a few stretches of roads like the one in the video, and people being people, think that it’s wide open and safe to unwind the throttle. :frowning:

That’s why I follow the Imperial Standard Procedure and dump my garbage before undertaking a trip. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also, always keep a roll or half of a roll of TP in the glove box because: You never know.

1 Like

Thank you.

I recall from many years ago this one public radio show episode by the now legendary Joe Frank. He played a reckless raging screaming driver on a Los Angeles freeway. His rants (as he encountered yet another cluster of vehicles further up the road) went something like this: “Oh, look! Another challenge! What do they expect me to do! Fly over them?!”

1 Like

Irony Rating: 10 (scale 0-10)
Cactus fruit-eating driver needing to go crashes, goes through windshield, and ends up in a patch of cacti bearing fruit having laxative properties.

2 Likes

Reckless idiot wrecks himself?

Thank goodness they didn’t impact anyone else with their incredibly dangerous driving for a change.

Me too. But if there was, it wouldn’t remotely have justified that incredibly dangerous driving that endangered not only their lives, but the lives of everyone around them.

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! Here in NE, every winter with first ice/snow you see a bunch of succor-mom SUVs along the HW that slid off thinking “Meh, I have 4 wheel drive! I can do 70 in sleet!”.
Heh, idiots.

4 Likes

Cue the ghost of my old grandpappy, “he’s in a hurry on his way to the accident”. Yep, I hear that every time.

2 Likes

I’m so grateful to live in the only place where people drive well.

Rockall?