Idiots use 80 pounds of explosives for gender reveal party, crack foundations of nearby homes

Typical movie explosions don’t use high explosives. They use black powder charges under bags of petrol (sometimes mixed with naptha for more black smoke), and maybe some sparkers to insure ignition. (Well, ground mortars and window explosions. Dunno about actually blowing up buildings and such.)

But that 2020 was huge - so huge it looked fake because I’d have thought there’s no way they’d build something that big for real. But they did.

94’ wide × 40’ tall × 8’. Maybe they did need to use high explosives to demolish it…

I was unable to find out the quantity of explosives used, though. Google skills fail… :frowning:

2 Likes

So what is up with gender reveal parties? Is it a way that people with toxic masculinity syndrome can take part in the anticipation of having a child without feeling feminised? Is it just to own the libs? Do these people actually enjoy them?

6 Likes

Don’t act impressed. That only encourages them. This is what 500 tons of TNT looks like. And a guy on the right caught having a crafty widdle behind the dome for luck.

There is probably already someone out there going “Hah. That 500 short tons. Short tons are for wusses!”

1 Like

The original gender reveal party was by a woman who had several miscarriages, and was a celebration that she had got far enough in her pregnancy to know what genitals her child had for the first time. It involved cake, not explosives.

17 Likes

You’re right, I should have said “what’s up with explosive gender reveal parties”

5 Likes

I blame the collective works of Michael Bay.

1 Like

This sounds like a perfectly legit reason to have a party like that (with a cake, etc, not bombs). Miscarriages can be very difficult, and there is less sympathy for people who lose fetuses rather than babies…

10 Likes

12 Likes

You misunderstand. It was an armed drop on US territory. Against Soviet military activities on US soil.

Seems each year during a regularly scheduled US military exercise in the NE USA, the Soviets would send some guys out in the woods nearby to test out their jamming equipment. Probably just a couple guys pretending to be camping while carrying some specialized electronics.

So one year the brass decides to send a team to go hunt the a-holes down at the last minute. So the special ops team straps on and did a parachute drop as close as anyone could figure to go track down the source of the signal.

My buddy has not shared the conclusion of the story. But the drop was hilarious. It was planned for an open field at night. So when the guys dropped, first thing they did was look up to check if the parachute deployed ok. Bright and multicolored. WTF? Look down and it was a festival. Something not shown on the areal survey maps.

So the guys land, cops see armed guys show up out of nowhere, try to stop them, and get disarmed instead. Guys go out into the woods to finish. Story ends.

2 Likes

Umm… /makes a note not to carry the wifi dish on some hikes.

2 Likes

It seems like it would be news that should be known if the military is engaging hostile forces on US soil.

2 Likes

Would I be treading on dangerous ground by bringing up the fact that magenta doesn’t exist in the visible and non visible light spectrum?

Well you see…

oh never mind

1 Like

Oh, and next you’ll be saying that puce or teal aren’t real colors too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.