If everyone on Star Trek: TNG wore the same uniform as Counselor Troi

I heard once that boxers have to agree if their opponent can have a beard - just in case it offers some protection.

I have absolutely no idea of this is true. But I like to believe it is.

1 Like

Wait a minute…

9 Likes

arg. the cognitive dissonance i had when reading your post leads me to wonder… is “michael burnham” a portmanteau of producers michael piller and rick berman?

And Dwarven women have beards.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah, but we never actually got to see Dwarven women on film. And people STILL made a big deal about the beards.

I want to see:

1. A Star Trek planet where women are conventionally attractive by modern human standards of beauty with the one exception of having prominent facial hair
  2. Nobody calls attention to this during the course of the episode
  3. Riker (or whoever) must make out with at least one mustachioed alien babe during the course of the episode

NOTE: I will settle for a “Mirror Universe” episode.

11 Likes

2hj0qf

15 Likes

0fa0c01b102a75ab802ebad1bcd17cc6

16 Likes

It’s something about Bryan Singer and pricking isn’t it

And yet, somehow their hairstyles were all gender appropriate to late twentieth century North American Earth. Odd.

2 Likes

I believe an episode of Sliders had that.

3 Likes

Knowing that the suit is powered by airbladders in the boots makes that sound even more disgusting.

squish, squish.

4 Likes

“Hey baby, I’ve spent months traversing a desert in a rubber suit filled with my own bodily waste on a planet with no showers. Really locks in the freshness.

10 Likes

I don’t think so, no. The show runner apparently likes to give women masculine names…

6 Likes

Thinking of the pregnant Fremen experience sure puts another spin on “water of life!” :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

And the place when they finally open those suits is called a stench, right?

6 Likes

This is cute!

1 Like

The real test of Fremen water discipline is who can keep their eyes from tearing up when their brethren unzip those things.

11 Likes

9 Likes

If I’m remembering correctly, Gates McFadden was changing her hairstyle so frequently in real life that it was giving the continuity folks serious grief.

I heard that they wrote a wig into her contract for a few seasons…

2 Likes