If you vote for Trump, then screw you

I don’t think it’s okay either. And I want racism called out.

But the last thing I want is another fucking Brexit-level disaster.

I think Clinton said the right stuff in the second half of that Deplorables statement

“But the other basket – and I know this because I see friends from all over America here – I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas – as well as, you know, New York and California – but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.”

The question is, did those people hear (and believe) her?

9 Likes

So you say, and I appreciate your desire for everyone to be respectful of each other, but implying that Trump’s lies are somehow better than Clinton’s doesn’t help your argument.

11 Likes

Beautiful lies. The best lies. Lies so big they’ll make your head spin.

8 Likes

and @Mindysan33 and @SpunkyTWS
I’m sure you could. I’m sure I could too. A quick search for Hillary lies and Trump lies both bring up a plethora of results.
Hillary lied under oath to Congress though. Would Trump? Probably. But until he does he’s just a plain old run-of-the-mill liar.
And also as stated earlier, I’m not American. I don’t get to vote. I have no dog in this fight. All I’m sayin’ is stop dissing mr/s average voter.

Of course they didn’t… They’ve been told for a couple of decades now what a terrible person she is, and how much she lies (apparently more than any other politician) so why should they believe her.

9 Likes

I severely dislike millionaire trump, and I reserve a special double-secret probation dislike for actually hearing him speak, because of the content of his speech. It’s a thin, spoiled, word salad of race-baiting, dog whistling stupidity on a bloviating stick that is waved about from here to there, never giving specifics or anything firm, always talking down about everyone, making pronouncements on topics on which he has ZERO authority or knowledge to speak–it’s an all-day verbal effluence of baseless accusations and lies and hatemongering and hypocrisy.

So before you go on about the key HRC speaks in, her high-pitched shrillness that’s oh-so-harmful to your ears, how about a focus on her policy or practice instead?

16 Likes

So let’s do it! I am totes serious. You’re the one who trotted out “Trump’s a bigot, Hillary is a liar.” So let’s have a lie-off and see if that narrative makes any logical sense! Please provide a specific wording, context and citation if possible.

12 Likes

This really sort of bugs me. What is this mythical average voter? If I vote for a democrat do I stop being a “default” voter and become something else, something less than “normal”? What makes you think that democrats, liberals, or leftists are somehow less average or normal? What is default or average in the first place?

11 Likes

When reporters investigated a suit Trump started to attack a reporter in an attempt to silence that reporter, they found at least 30 instances of him lying under oath in a court of law. In that one case he lied under oath repeatedly. He’s been involved in 3,500 suits. It’s safe to assume he’s lied under oath hundreds of times at least.

20 Likes

I don’t see how defrauding government agencies or using money collected in the name of charity for personal benefit is better than lying under oath, but since you’ve decided to defend Trump can you explain the difference to me?

5 Likes

What @Felton said.

3 Likes

The average voter is both a republican and a democrat until observed.

5 Likes

You can text information to them, they’ll confirm your voting status, or help you register electronically or via paper.

EDIT: Used it myself to check my status and went off without a hitch. Caveat emptor.

2 Likes

(A) Your “understanding” isn’t, since I have literally zero social media accounts, and spend approximately zero minutes per day on social media websites.

(B) Apparently your sense of humor likewise isn’t.

Schroedinger’s voter?

7 Likes

Precisely. When imagining the average voter, we have to assume both because there’s about a 50/50 split.

1 Like

I’m not going down that path. You’re trying to get me to defend Trump, which I won’t. I won’t defend either of them. I wouldn’t vote for either of them even if I could. You can of course dig out all their lies yourself though. No harm in that.[quote=“Mindysan33, post:290, topic:85956”]
What is this mythical average voter
[/quote]
You are. I am. They are. Attack the candidates, attack the policies, attack the ideas. Attack individual Trump supporters if you like, just try not to attack them as a group.
@nemomen
So your choice then is picking the least worse of the liars. That’s fine. Pick one and be done with it. Just don’t tell everyone else they’re a dick because they didn’t make the same personal choice you did.
@SpunkyTWS
…Insert facepalm here…
I don’t support Trump! Should I keep on typing it or should I just keep referencing in the posts the previous times I’ve stated it?
You’re not going to lure me into defending him. They’re both shits in their own special, unique way. I wouldn’t trust either of them to babysit my dog.

Yet @pixleshifter seems to assume that voting for democrats is some sort of elitist, weird thing and that the average voters leans towards the GOP. As if there is some “average” human being that can’t possible be a leftist.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Saying Clinton’s lies are somehow worse than Trump’s, that Clinton is a more terrible liar while Trump is just a “run of the mill liar” is, however weak, still a defense.

I grant that it may not have been your intention but how is one better, or at least more excusable, than the other?

I’m not trying to lure you into anything. I’m simply highlighting the implications of what you’re saying.

3 Likes