"I'm the most bullied person in the world" claims woman who married giant orange bully

I, for one, am glad she took this stand. It makes it so much easier to dismiss her.

6 Likes

Oh make me puke. I will admit, she is in this position through no choice of her own, I will give her that, but to make a claim like that… No, just no. She is nowhere near the top of that list.

1 Like

Yeah, she could say that, but it still wouldn’t be true.

21 Likes

I don’t know… do you think she didn’t have a clue as to what she was getting into and made the trade offs consciously?

18 Likes

I’m fresh out of sympathy. I’ll feel sorry for her if she’s ever homeless and destitute while dying of cancer. Until then that’s the best wish I have to offer.

17 Likes

That sound you hear are the eyes popping out of the Obama’s sockets from the extreme eyerolls.

6 Likes

She has money, media access, a bunch of sycophants who would support her decision to leave. She also hasn’t been shy about showing her displeasure with him in public.

Where specifically do you see her powerlessness to leave him if she chose to?

21 Likes

Well, so will I, but she’ll have to get in line behind:

– all the others in that situation who never experienced wealth or privilege in their lives, and

– all the others in that situation who experienced wealth or privilege and weren’t assholes about it.

21 Likes

To be entirely fair, it seems there was some sort of follow-up, but she blew it off. And the follow-up probably wasn’t very strong.

"She said the campaign was inspired by her own experience of being bullied, adding: “I could say that I’m the most bullied person in the world.” Pressed on the assertion, she went on to say she was at least “one of them… if you really see what people are saying about me.” "

5 Likes

Being mocked for legitimately stupid bullshit is not the same as being bullied.

32 Likes

Well, to be fair, Jamal was murdered not bullied. Different things. Being imprisoned in a concentration camp, being homeless, or starving are also different from being bullied.

3 Likes

Can you make a violin out of neutrinos?

17 Likes

Counterpoint: No she abso-fucking-lutely does not.

3 Likes

The irony is that she isn’t even the most bullied first lady… of the last three years.

True. But leaving aside that she willingly entered into that toxic relationship with someone who was obviously a serial philanderer sociopath, for the money, she’s also a racist asshole, so there’s that.

“husband’s advisers”
So… Ivanka and Jared are bullying her?

12 Likes

Nah, she just doesn’t trust them. I’m sure her spouse is the one doing most of the bullying she claims to suffer from.

8 Likes

I dunno, I have seen much worse leveled at Michelle Obama. And unlike Melina, I don’t recall her ever really doing anything to deserve it.

Though I guess in the over arching scheme of things, we should try being nice to each other - even if they are rich, arrogant people.

4 Likes

She has a narcissistic and cruel husband who has money and virtually all the power in the world. She could be a hostage.

1 Like

Obviously Trumpie himself is the main source of the bullying, but it was weird to talk about his advisors… I could see the Trump family as a whole being shitty to her, though I wondered if Trump’s family were being used as stand-ins for Trump himself to avoid directing any blame directly at him.

7 Likes

I’m almost certain that Melania paid no attention to politics during the Obama administration, and thus has absolutely no idea what was said about Michelle. Melania probably misses her old life where she could do whatever she wanted and spend lots of money and nobody paid much attention to her. She could live in her bubble and be clueless.

I’m not excusing her.

6 Likes

Are you suggesting he’d have her killed if she tried to leave him? She’s not being held incommunicado or confined to the White House. Plus the man seems OK with divorce as long as there’s a prenup that favours him in place.

14 Likes