In custody battle, Alex Jones is claiming to be a "performance artist"

I suggest you read Steve Martin’s treatise on the Sex Life of Clowns!

5 Likes

I feel this way about all these “conservative” commentators. O’Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, etc.

I’m a pretty cynical person, but I’ll never be cynical enough to intentionally damage society by expounding harmful ideas for filthy lucre.

13 Likes

Just gonna drop this here:

7 Likes

Andy Kaufman used to make my WouldPunch-O-Meter™ vacillate between yes and no, but Jones got it stuck firmly on “Fuck, yes, and have all your friends punch him, too.”

1 Like

And now Alex Jones is saying he’s not fake, but maybe that’s just him speaking in character…I don’t know. I’m having a hard time keeping up with the Joneses.

13 Likes

Bingo.

In my book hate-mongering for profit is just as bad as hating, perhaps even worse.

8 Likes

Q: Are you for real?
Jones: WHO’S ASKING?? Seriously. The answer to that question depends entirely on who is asking.

10 Likes

Any bets that this shows up in the ex-wife’s next filing?

8 Likes

He must realize that would be the result of this rant, right? We’re talking about a man who just demonstrated that he cares more about keeping the respect of his radio audience than keeping custody of his own children.

13 Likes

This is basically what Trump supporters are saying about Trump. During the campaign, they were cheering because he would slam China, eliminate Obamacare, destroy ISIS, get us out of the Middle East, reform the tax system and lock up Hillary. Now they’re all, “Oh, we knew he wouldn’t do all that. It was just to get attention.”

I think the True Believers don’t really care if Trump or Jones actually believes what they say. They just like it that they criticize those fancy-pants, book-reading libruls.

10 Likes

If you say multiple things, your followers can pick and choose which one to fervently believe.

6 Likes

Everyone wants to be seen differently in different contexts. Maybe this is so scary because it’s performance art all the way down.

1 Like

It’s been bizarre also reading reports of Trump voters whose healthcare, jobs, and human rights are being threatened by Trump policies who weep, “I didn’t know he’d actually do any of that stuff, I thought he was just saying it to get attention!”

10 Likes

“I thought he wasn’t going to do it to me, I’m white!”

“I voted for him to only do half those things, not the half that affected me directly!”

12 Likes

I thought that could’ve been from Cruel Shoes but I guess not.

I’m reminded of Ron Perlman’s character in The Last Supper.

1 Like

We know that, but he is already winking at his audience that this is just something men have to do to not be screwed by the system.

1 Like

Yup, his rants from the stand (and in his car) after his lawyer made that announcement show where he’s going with this. I’m just glad that he’s doing a terrific job of making himself look like a loony in his sworn statements; declaring that he smokes weed just to ‘test its potency’ and that George Soros is making pot stronger to make kids insane (among other things) are not doing him any favors.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.