In-N-Out donates $25,000 to California Republican Party, under Trump. There's a boycott.

carson

I ate there in New Jersey and was a bit underwhelmed. We have a brand-new one near home, though, so I will probably give it another chance.

Speaking of New Jersey, the best burgers we’d had in a while were at 30 Burgers, but one location (Dunellen) was way better than another (Bound Brook, where they oversalted one burger). IIRC the chain (or, at least some locations) were formerly called 28 Burgers; there’s another place in New Brunswick with this name, apparently unrelated to the others and not nearly as good.

Had one there recently and was very pleasantly surprised. Presumably they use a griddle. I would put them ahead of Five Guys in any case.

Elevation is (IIRC) a buck or so more than 5G but I like their burgers better, as well. But 5G wins with the fries.

I’ve had their frozen burgers, but have never actually eaten at/from a White Castle. I have however, eaten many times at Krystal (which is, from what I can tell, very nearly the same thing) and I will continue to do so when I have the opportunity (which is seldom, and probably just as well).

My $0.02 (which I posted in a Yelp review):

Food’s ok, burgers aren’t very big (even with two patties, though at these prices it’s hard to complain about that). What’s frustrating is that we (with a bunch of impatient kids) ordered milkshakes 40 minutes ago and have yet to receive them.

The place seems fairly disorganized, e.g. no dedicated cashier (the wait staff has to put off what they’re doing and handle it), long intervals in which the tables aren’t bused etc. I’m told this is because they prioritize the drive-thru window. Well, they need to either hire more staff dedicated to that, or scrap it. I don’t think we’ll be back with other (quicker) options around, like Freddy’s.

1 Like