In-N-Out donates $25,000 to California Republican Party, under Trump. There's a boycott.

13 Likes

I’m pretty sure you’re not supposed to eat at Tommy’s unless you are already wasted.

10 Likes

Well, I mean, they wouldn’t be that obvious, would they? Chick-fil-A doesn’t either. It’s always made me suspicious of In-N-Out for that reason - not assuming they were the same as Chick-fil-A, but unable to rule out that it was the case.

To be fair, maybe not - they gave money to the California Republican party and supposedly the California Democrats as well, which just suggests the usual corporate weasel attempt to curry political favor with all current and future officials. Still, given the state of the Republican party, it’s not cool.

11 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure I’d dive into this straight:

052607-004-TommysChiliFries

Tommy’s Chili Fries

13 Likes

22 Likes

YUMMM

Thanks Mel … Dinner time!!

7 Likes

Shhh!!! I don’t wanna know! PM someone if you have to.

7 Likes

Sounds an awful lot like “Some of my best friends are ____ ,” don’t it?

De nada. Try the chicken sandwich.

13 Likes

Sorry - those are non-transferable.

19 Likes

I mean if I had a jones for some bigoted fried food and an oppressed minority gave me a pass…

15 Likes

How I miss them.

San Francisco sucks.

I used to live a very short walk from the Tommy’s on Lincoln and Pico, the fine ladies who wandered the nearby car wash, and the bowling alley with startlingly good beignets. This was during the time of my life where I was the managing partner of an improv comedy club, driving a '65 galaxie 500 convertible, surfing exactly the same length board I do today, and discovering the joy of acid.

Tommy’s holds many fine memories for me.

9 Likes

Had a Galaxie 500 for a while in college- sweet ride. My brother (a mechanic back then) sourced it for me for next to nothing.

6 Likes

Here’s a '65 Medium Rare.

All this burger talk is making me hungry.

9 Likes

And in Seattle I have many hole in the wall non chain places that are way better and some have poutine.

10 Likes

Beep’s Burger on Ocean Avenue is worth a visit.

4 Likes

In-N-Out
As long as their money is in the GOP I am out of there

6 Likes

IM%20FOS

28 Likes

I just checked out their web front … damn, I gotta go eat.

3 Likes

I swear they must be adding hallucinogens to the “food” at Chik-Fil-A. When I first tried it way back when I was a teenager it was the worst fast food I had ever had in my life (to that point.)

As for In-N-Out, when I lived in the East Bay the one around the corner from me always had a line out onto the road. It was okay, but I usually preferred the Giant Burger just down the road from my workplace.

ETA:

You’ve got the milkshakes?! I’m jealous. The two locations near me are still waiting.

7 Likes

How about White Castle? Are they on the OK list?

I hadn’t had one for twenty-something years before dropping by one in Huntington on Long Island in June. Enjoyed the three I ate thoroughly, and my dog really dog the fourth.

1 Like