In prison interview, QAnon Shaman shares paranoid fantasies about the Deep State's "two-tiered slavery system"

What struck me is a whole lot of people have spent a whole lot of time constructing these narratives that he’s bought into. That’s a lot of stuff, a whole convoluted alt-history of the world. What’s interesting is that it also covers things that are so easily disprovable - e.g. Trump declassified a document that said X (antigravity is real, or whatever). Even the things Trump is getting credit for are insane fictions, because the source is the internet. I doubt anyone could prove to him that Trump didn’t do those things, because only a random document on the internet is reliable to him.

The irony is that he’s so devoted to changing the power structures, but he exists in a total fiction where he has no idea what the actual power structures are. If I were conspiratorially minded, I’d suggest some sort of “elites” funded the construction of elaborate conspiracy theories that would make believers literally unable to challenge the real power structures, instead supporting the very people they think they’re fighting against. But I know that in reality, people are more than willing to delude themselves to the same effect, with only a little right-wing propaganda to help it along.

I know what you mean. He reminds me of my cousin, who isn’t quite this bad (as far as I know), but has bought into a fact-free conspiratorial worldview in recent years. He’s not mentally ill, but yeah, he’s not cognitively doing great, either. A lifetime of substance abuse and just being a dumb asshole have taken their toll on his mental faculties.

20 Likes

The man needs serious help. Just think of where he is and how how got there, forget what he’s saying, and just listen.

4 Likes

That precisely describes my now deceased 3 half brothers and 1 half sister to a T. Our step father, elementary school drop out and super conspiracy theorist helped put them on the trail of life long self destruction & disappointments entirely self made by them. Sadly they never got out from under the pile of fact free bullshit before death found them, their free of it now though.

22 Likes

Probe the market.
Find a niche.
Profit.

4 Likes

Selling mental crapola to theses folks has always been a sure way to make a buck, as long as you haven’t a bothersome conscience.

12 Likes

People who created and use Q sure don’t have a slight trace of conscience.

15 Likes

Dude needs help, not a platform to spout this nonsense.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I see he is just as detached from reality.

Okay, and if people don’t believe that adrenochrome is real, all you got to do is watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, okay, I got Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Adrenochrome scene and you will see that this is a very real thing that you are able to harvest this this chemical adrenalized blood and drink it or ingest it and it will be like a an intense, psychedelic high.

I saw a movie once with space wizards, thus space wizards must be real?

14 Likes

In some universe perhaps he’s right about all of it.

Just not ours.

What a wild place that must be.

4 Likes

It “saw” the word “psychoactive” (which I doubt the qanon schlemiel can even spell) and drew spurious conclusions (much like the qanon schlemiel did).

susel cockroach

mi na tink soa poisk mat please no

2 Likes

There is another movie about adrenaline addicted people.

Edited to include a link tô the right trailer.

6 Likes

He got an official psych eval to see if he was competent enough to understand the case against him and stand trial.

His lawyer, Albert Watkins, told Reuters that the Federal Bureau of Prisons had diagnosed Chansley with transient schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety. But, he said, the agency did not determine that Chansley was mentally incompetent.

So the arsehole has a lot of mental issues and delusions but at the same time couldn’t credibly claim that he didn’t know what he was doing when he participated in the insurrection. I’m sure there are a lot of mentally ill Qanon believers who stopped short of doing what he did.

He belongs in federal prison but so do all the radio hosts and pundits and politicians and other right-wing conspiracists who deliberately fed into his and others’ derangement.

I do too, but I doubt he’ll accept either meds or talk therapy from what he obviously thinks is the evil, baby-murdering brainwashing “deep state”. Besides that, he’s also likely had a lifetime of his in-denial mommy telling her large adult son that he has no mental issues to address.

17 Likes

What I learned from this is that he belongs in prison- and in general population.

10 Likes

*Horn Hat Guy states a lot of ideas as factual without citing any sources.

Oh, sorry – he did cite one source – a novel. A Hunter S. Thompson novel. And since Thompson had a doctorate, I guess it follows that everything Horn Hat Guy said must be true.

*No way I’m getting the word “shaman” anywhere near this jerk.

11 Likes

Back in the usenet newsgroups days my old man was spouting the lo-cal version of all of these conspiracies (and their ilk). As information became easier and easier to access he did not educate himself out of that hole and only got worse. He kicked off during the Tea Party years and I’m very glad he did off before this new breed of batshit became mainstream.

7 Likes

He should most definitely be forcefully committed to a mental institution when he is released from prison.

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear he’s suffering. I hope he suffers more. Along with all the other fucking traitors.

4 Likes

Though Thompson’s doctorate was something he obtained for $25 from the Universal Life Church and he didn’t complete high school.

Relying on Thompson for accurate scientific information seems dubious. His specialty was a mix of direct experience tempered through the lens of his id.

17 Likes

Somehow I don’t think Horn Hat Guy would be swayed by your argument. Anyone who isn’t on board with Q = tool of the Deep State, and thus you (and I) are completely unreliable and must be converted or ignored.

5 Likes