In Trump's shambolic White House, staffers who can't find the light-switches literally hold meetings in the dark

This is what I’m saying! Who’s expecting competence here?

4 Likes

He is so sad. And I mean that literally. Not SAD!, but depressed. He is isolating himself with people who don’t have his own best interests in mind and is so dependent emotionally on feedback from the public, who is turning on him.

For Trump personally, this can’t end well. I almost (almost) feel sorry for him.

19 Likes

I’ll start to feel sorry for him after he’s removed (maybe). Not before.

He brought all this on himself.

23 Likes

“The government has a deadline of 3 p.m. to justify the executive order temporarily barring entry to the United States of people from seven Muslim-majority countries and halting the U.S. refugee program.” Reuters

Anybody out there in DC that can turn out the lights?

4 Likes

Historic buildings sometimes get to ignore code for historic reasons. Residences doubly so (unless you have exit signs in your house?)

1 Like

You want him to get an extension on that, as opposed to running out the clock?

3 Likes

Just wait until one of those wandering visitors ends up getting eaten by a grue.

22 Likes

Good point. I’ll hold off the power line squirrel.

5 Likes

I’m more of the opinion that switches are likely in hidden places and don’t necessarily do the most obvious thing, given the facts. It’s a renovation of a historic building and undoubtedly, was required to maintain the original aesthetic appearance as well. I’d bet they actually hide a lot of switches in closets and the like.

As much as I’d like to think they’ve added a sophisticated system with touch screens or even just a Grafik Eye, I’d bet they’re still running mostly on wall switches because they’re so much cheaper and easier to maintain for a space that has the capability to change owners in four years. Also, they’re much cheaper. For both the equipment and the installation. That counts for a lot on jobs like this. That’s why I mentioned it twice.

12 Likes

I was going to say the same. I have been in some tech company meeting rooms that took a few minutes for smart people the figure out the AV/Lights/Projector/Phone/Calendar/food processor console controls. This administration is going to be in the dark both literally as well as figuratively for a very long time.

10 Likes

Grimdark Veep.

He doesn’t want or need friends, he’s spent his life among cronies, they get things done for him when persons who care about anything but themselves would stop to muse on the ethics of a particular scenario.

He won’t be a mere millionaire soon enough, he’ll be back to as happy as a reptiloid such as himself could be.

3 Likes

Maybe you could get a job doing lighting for the WH instead of going to Iowa City all the time?

I bet they just have annoying table lamps instead of ceiling lights, like hotels do.

2 Likes

Ha! That’s something Biden would do per The Onion.

10 Likes

“When Mr. Trump is not watching television in his bathrobe or on his phone reaching out to old campaign hands and advisers, he will sometimes set off to explore the unfamiliar surroundings of his new home.”

Oh, man, I hope Obama planted holographic projectors cued to go off when Trump ambles by alone at night.

“DONALD. IT’S ME, ABE. THEY’RE PLOTTING AGAINST YOU. BANNON AND PENCE AND PUTIN.”

27 Likes

Interestingly, I know exactly how the Oval Office is lit. Three rows of dimmable fluorescent uplights hidden in the crown moulding of oval providing approximately 50 footcandles at desk height. There are two table lamps at the non-desk side, but they are for decorative purposes for the most part.

Where the switches are, that I did not concern myself with.

They’ve actually made a lot of modern choices for fixtures, but I don’t think they’ve updated the systems. The cost/return ratio is too high. But they might have, it just means tearing up a lot of walls.

18 Likes

Maybe they’ve been getting out by using the Oval Office’s emergency presidential chute feeding into the subterranean miniature high speed railway with that leading to the bowels of the Washington monument. Waste of time, as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

I’m wondering why this is not a bigger story.

22 Likes

some people seem happier in the dark.

10 Likes

BIG QUESTION: Who in (or close to) this administration is leaking this sort of stuff?

7 Likes

Oh Joe!!! You lovable scamp!!

9 Likes