In Trump's shambolic White House, staffers who can't find the light-switches literally hold meetings in the dark

I don’t assume to know what Melania’s life was like pre-Trump, but it’s possible she was living in a repugnant situation already and decided to trade it for a repugnant situation that came with wealth as a consolation.

4 Likes

I see what you’re saying. I wonder if they’re sleeping together at all these days. Whatever. So-called trophy wives may sometimes be just that – trophies. There to illustrate and ‘prove’ power and success, and nothing more.

3 Likes

17 Likes

no doubt. and the main reason why I believe it’s very questionable that it should be as a matter of course performed and fulfilled by the spouse of the president, a person without an official post (and no payment, as if organising the household of an institution like the White House is a leisure activity)

8 Likes

yeah, definitely strange that it’s just assumed that the President’s spouse is going to pick up the work, but I suppose compared the Governor positions it’s a similar type of thing.

2 Likes

They oughtta install a clapper.

I’m reasonably certain there’s nothing which would interfere with its intended function.

11 Likes

It’s also possible that some designer thought that light switches were unattractive, so they’re hidden behind some sort of decorative thing instead of being obvious, and placed just to the right of the door of the rooms as one enters.

5 Likes

No. He left with Obama.

26 Likes

(Looks like someone bleached the cat.)

1 Like

I honestly can’t tell if this is satire or something else.

3 Likes

Anyone but me think a builder should know how to find the light switches?

5 Likes

Touché, good sir, madam, or indeterminate. Touché.

7 Likes

We have no idea what she was offered vs. what she has been given.
And even if she did marry him just for the money, she doesn’t deserve any ill.

13 Likes

There’s some kind of interview with a Russia hooker who claims she slept with him and his you-know-what is exceptionally tiny. Like, micro. Who knows how real it is, but it would explain a lot if so.

6 Likes

That is true. As I said my sympathy for Melania is “tempered,” but it is not absent. I certainly wouldn’t trade lives with her.

13 Likes

That would make sense if the White House visitor logs weren’t public record.

6 Likes

Having just checked out the “street view” White House tour, I did not see any exit signs.

3 Likes

You act like he actually touches them. Or that he’s actually a builder.

3 Likes

You can’t very well sign a visitor’s log if it’s too dark to find it. See? There IS a method to the madness.

6 Likes

Maybe flunkies, stooges, and servants have been flipping their switches for them for years. Sad lose of light switch-flipping skills.

3 Likes