In Trump's shambolic White House, staffers who can't find the light-switches literally hold meetings in the dark

With all the state dinners and such, I’m sure there’s a large supply of candelabras and candles stashed away. Maybe if they’re nice to housekeeping they might get a few or maybe be shown where the lights are if they’re really nice.

2 Likes

It’s a hell of a metaphor, anyways. I suspect the system is rather complex and non-obvious, but they lack any kind of institutional knowledge, didn’t want to learn anything from the previous administration, and they don’t have enough people to do all the work, so no one has time to figure out these kinds of details, so the ignorance persists much longer than it should, reasonably. So here they are, a small crew operating in the dark. This is also all true of the lighting system.

7 Likes

Hey! Maybe it’s this here red button.

6 Likes

Probably helps hide the armbands.

4 Likes

Richard Spencer is your red herring for that, a useful idiot to take the attention away from the dudes who are smart enough not to broadcast it each time they open their mouths. Note: Spencer is not in the government, the other guys are.

The key word in my comment is almost.

4 Likes

That’s rude.

Even Nosferatu knows that chaos isn’t an ideal situation.

2 Likes

"Almost as though. . . " Good one!

Or knowing how tides work.

Actually, hardly ever. ADA, exit signage, energy codes, they have stuff written into the Request for Proposals that talk about the various codes they’ll be complying with. We just finished the latest Smithsonian and they required us to confirm light levels everywhere, not just the exhibits.

Federal buildings hew tighter to the rules than anyone.

2 Likes

West Wing lied* to me. Bastards.

* By implication, not directly.

2 Likes

Yeah, see why I suddenly got so interested into the White House’s lack of emergency exit signs? They’ll have then in the Press Room for certain, they can’t push it that far, but a building can’t be residential and office without very distinct separations. Home offices are atypical for government employees of this status, and I don’t see the WH being classified as one, as the President is an employee who is being given housing. It’s not actually their house.

5 Likes

Maybe the secret service will tell them?

1 Like

On the subject of Melania…

6 Likes

Something tells me the Secret Service won’t be going beyond their regular duties.

@daneel - Jesus H Christ.

1 Like

Bush the Younger’s PR people weaponized the prank claims. (i.e. they lied.)

5 Likes

Maybe they misunderstood the meaning of “cabinet room” and are stumbling around in the pantry?

5 Likes

I am hoping for a Yes Prime Minister-ish comedy.

1 Like

I am surprised the white house doesn’t have a permanent staff.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they all took this inauguration as a good excuse to retire.

4 Likes