In wake of terror attack in France, Newt Gingrich wants first amendment repealed in America

Newt’s probably picturing something more like a paper bag test. Much easier!

1 Like

I assume this includes websites favoring domestic terror groups too. Like the KKK? Or the Aryan Nation? Right? Right?

18 Likes

No I do not.

I would be opposed to any United States citizen being kicked out of the country for any advocacy of any doctrine whatever.

Sorry Newt, but the Americas are not “Western civilization”, you are thinking of Europe. Learn to assimilate into the culture of your new continent.

4 Likes

I’ve been re-watching the X Files lately, and I’m starting to wonder if maybe Republicans actually think bad guys have some distinctive physical characteristic, like green acidic blood or two bumps on the back of their neck, that we can use to identify them as un-American and therefore safe to dispose of.

… Oh my god, do you think they all watched the X Files and thought “aliens” meant “Mexicans”? Because that would actually explain a lot about their immigration policy.

7 Likes

You sure seem to pay preferential attention to them.

Fear is the mind killer bro.

3 Likes

I would disagree with Gingrich if he intends to apply that test to US citizens.

But you’re fine with only applying it to people here of one particular religious background.

You’re America’ing wrong. You’re as big a threat as those you rail against. Which is to say, just another harmless loudmouth in a sea of harmless loudmouths,

We are the ones with the drones and secret “courts”. Lets get our side of the street clean first.

17 Likes

Some more options courtesy of the History Network:

Though they were probably extremely confused that no one believed Mulder.

5 Likes

16 Likes

23 Likes

I wish the host had baited Gingrich by asking him about the characteristics of the people he wanted to ban - religious extremism, desire to subvert the constitution, to impose their religion on others, create a theocracy, armed over throw of the government, etc, - then pointing out that Newt was calling for the deportation of half of the Republican party.

27 Likes

Oh FFS!!! The stupidity and arrogance of this…person (cause he isn’t a man) astounds me! He’s perfectly willing to paint an entire religion and group of people with a scarlet brush for the actions of one madman! But if the driver of the truck was a Christian, then Newt would just say that not all Christians are that way…

I wish Jesus would come back and take all of his asshole followers out of here.

2 Likes

He’s made such a career out of being wrong.

6 Likes

There’s tons of cash to be made from being the Right kind of wrong.

14 Likes

A fool and his money liberty…

4 Likes

A fair and balanced host would offer some aloe vera for that burn.

3 Likes

Sort of the politics equivalent of a fad diet.

5 Likes

The UK will shortly have a fire sale of assets, how about South Georgia? Penguins probably eat newts.

2 Likes

There’s that island off the Scottish coast that’s still full of anthrax as well, is their not? Hmmm.

2 Likes