Individually-shrinkwrapped potatoes are why we must destroy capitalism

I just looked at them - didn’t see the appeal…

3 Likes

and oatmeal.

And if poverty gets too much for you, just switch to an all ramen diet…

4 Likes

The cook time seems the same (7-8 minutes), it just seems like the usual prep work has been removed from the equation.

Is the shrink-wrap unable to be recycled after being ran through the microwave? For me, if the plastic is not recyclable, that would be what is horribly wrong about the product.

1 Like

Oh, I am so stealing that image;

Thankies!

4 Likes

Like Roy Orbison?

2 Likes

What is the advantage to be had here? With normal potatoes, you just store them someplace dark, and they stay good for a very long time. If you leave them stored too long, you can plant them for more next year.

2 Likes

once I took my nephew on a hike and we came across an apple tree. Just out in the middle of nowhere. The apples were muted in color and speckled. Anyway, I pick a few and tossed one to him. He did not want eat it. It wasn’t safe he said. Fucker had only gotten apples from a store. “these don’t look like real apples.” I finally got him to eat one. And I can’t say they were the best apples ever but they were pretty good and just picking them off a tree for free was special.

14 Likes

Is it really too much trouble to wrap it in a paper towel?

5 Likes

None of that civilization & technology for you?

1 Like

You don’t bake much, do you? Steamed potatoes are not baked potatoes.

12 Likes

That was one of my favorite things when I was a kid… Discovering a new tree in the middle of nowhere – sometimes they were wonderful, sometimes they were awful, most of the time they were meh.

2 Likes

Perhaps the shrink-wrap is there to help get an extra-crispy potato skin.
Microwave, then put in the toaster oven for that Oven-Fresh texture.

I almost selected this book as required reading for a packaging design class I teach. Now I’m thinking I should revisit the decision.

https://www.amazon.com/Why-Shrinkwrap-Cucumber-Environmental-Packaging/dp/1856697576?ie=UTF8&Version=1&entries=0

5 Likes

Wait. Mirror shade sunglasses went out of fashion?

1 Like

#Mash the State!

12 Likes

The plastic is going to vaporize and then condense inside of the plastic?

1 Like

[quote=“daneel, post:15, topic:79445”]
[/quote]
Gah! What is wrong with people?

1 Like

Wrapped together makes perfect sense, and is not overly wasteful. It’s wrapping everything individually when it already comes prewrapped by nature that’s silly, useless and wasteful.

2 Likes

Talk about a recipe for disaster. Just add heat to unleash all of their chemical goodness.

1 Like

Yeah, but they have so much more flavour on the bone.

2 Likes