Interviews with some of NASCAR's most ridiculous, drunk, and sophomoric fans (NSFW)

So glad I left Alabama when I could.

4 Likes

I think the racetrack should go with stronger fences.

2 Likes

or none at all…

2 Likes

Welcome to the opposite of everything I want to be around, and every fucking redneck hillbilly asshole I’ve worked with for the last decade.

These people seem like caricatures to many- I assure you, they aren’t acting. They don’t need to. People this stupid readily exist. And they vote for Trump, as you can see.

6 Likes

This is why I am happy my college age son is a formula 1 fan.

6 Likes

The drivers are in enough danger! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I seem to remember being an asshole at that age, just not that kind of asshole.

Oh well.

4 Likes

#notallNASCARfans?

I only watched about a minute of the video, and that was plenty. The glazed eyes say it all, really. Livin’ loud and livin’ large. I feel like this is what we deserve on a cosmic level.

3 Likes

Man I am either out and out of touch, or Mississippi does thing differently. Buttholes are way more popular than I realized.

Go see a Red Sox game in the bleachers or a tailgate party at a Patriots game and there’s the same group of beered up folks.

They’re harmless for the most part.

3 Likes

Most every drunk Fratboy from anywhere USA. Now do New Orleans.

Also…some were wearing POT mardi gras. Necklaces. POT. was involved. Demon Weed. And you want want legal weed, you’re going to get more of this.

/sarcasm.

1 Like

And all of them a good christians … /s

2 Likes

Oh, I know. But having lived there throughout my formative years, I’m too familiar with the particular regional flavor of this example of good ol’ boy. I’d much rather deal with rednecks from north of the Mason-Dixon line. (I’d argue a little with their being mostly harmless, but that’s another thread.)

Not being an American I might be wrong, but isn’t wearing the American flag as underwear deemed as improper?

1 Like

Not just “the USA,” but specifically Alabama built the rockets that put men (sadly, For All Mankind isn’t reality…) on the moon!

1 Like

Only if you’re not a good ol’ boy.

2 Likes

I just fell down the crazytown rabbit hole that is All Gas No Brakes. Equal parts entertained and horrified. Strike that, more horrified now.

Still, I bet that if you took a video camera to a tennis match or a Depeche Mode concert or a science lecture or a bake-off the “worst of the worst” people you’d encounter there wouldn’t be able to hold a candle to these guys.

7 Likes

You and I attend very different science lectures.

staggers off drunkenly shouting about string theory while pointing to his Einstein-emblazoned, American flag-colored, Mountain Dew-branded g-string

11 Likes

The secret sauce was adding Nazis.