Is Twitter preparing for bankruptcy?

I still maintain that Elon made a bet that he couldn’t piss $40 Billion up against a wall before Christmas, and he’s well on track to win that bet.

10 Likes

decided he’d get rid of “woke Twitter” and replace it with… something

Never ascribe to malice that which can easily be explained by incompetence.

14 Likes

not that kind of mating, duh.

I’m just saying, the people who went in on this with him ALSO were interested in getting rid of woke twitter / getting information on dissidents / etc.

11 Likes

“It’s brilliant! I’ll declare bankruptcy, then the government will bail me out!”

– Um, that’s not how bankruptcy works, sir.

“You’re fired!”

11 Likes

I assume that Musk would have Twitter start preparing for bankruptcy a week or two after it is actually bankrupt. (The blame will all be on woke corporations and possibly glitches in the matrix.)

13 Likes

A friend worked for a major electrical multinational that owned a lot of subsidiaries. He commented once that if they became insolvent, it would take around a year before they were fully aware of it.

Point is, your scenario is not farfetched at all. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Ummm, gaaahhh! That is the grossest visual i have ever visualled!
Go Go Go Reaction GIF

9 Likes

If Twitter was already circling the drain before Musk took over, it may be one of those rare cases of a rat actually joining a sinking ship.

24 Likes

Or in this case, both incompetence and malice.

10 Likes

This is going to be such a write-off on his taxes – Uncle Sam will be paying him.

4 Likes

I wish for Elon Musk to literally end up sleeping in an alleyway

5 Likes

I want to know what happens with all of those loans used to finance the purchase of Twitter. I’m assuming that Musk put up lots of Tesla stock as collateral and the banks are going to want to collect. I expect Tesla will end up in GM’s hands and SpaceX in Boeing’s.

14 Likes

This has got to be the worst strategy to get to Mars developed outside of a pre-school.

17 Likes

He thinks he is, I don’t know, Conrad Veidt or something and now he is fucking up a massive fuck-up. You can’t make this shit up.

12 Likes

I once considered the same, though recent news suggests that neither Stellantis nor GM nor any of the other big players are really interested in Tesla. The shoddy workmanship is not something any of the established players want to be burdened with. They see a liability catastrophe waiting to happen as these vehicles get older and parts wear out.

As for what happens to SpaceX, perhaps the other insanely rich jerk Jeff Bezos might make a grab for it before Boeing does, who knows? But Boeing has dropped in standards since they bought McDonnell Douglas and were infected with their mentality. So yeah, that might happen.

I just don’t see EM holding on to his companies much longer. Starlink may be shuttered, but maybe the US military could get it at fire sale prices after seeing how useful it was for the Ukrainians? The Boring Company will definitely simply shutter, as it isn’t really more than a vaporware company whose only purpose is to kill high speed rail projects with fantasy bids.

As for Twitter and “preparing”, Twitter is no longer a single entity. It is different parts fighting vainly to survive despite the idiot owner who basically spent money to lose even more money, and has heard the news that his debts will soon eclipse his collateral. So some in Twitter are preparing for bankruptcy, others may be bailing out, others are attempting a Hail Mary pass, and the idiot owner doesn’t have a fucking clue.

20 Likes

Can Elon Musk please buy Meta/Facebook next?

29 Likes

Taxes?

3 Likes

I wonder if Toyota would go for Tesla? They’re the last of the big car companies to commit to electric vehicles (being stuck with a hydrogen boondoggle), they’re rich, they’re already in the US - and they actually know how to build cars.

The other auto makers are now finally at the point where they can make credible electric cars - in no small thanks to the scare they got from Tesla - so the brand is depreciatingly important; why buy a ho-hum quality vehicle from a company led by a crazy when you could go and buy a VW - or a BMW - or a GM - or a Ford - or a…?

12 Likes

It’s at the point I think that he is incapable of anything BUT incompetence and malice. That’s all he has. Not just Twitter, everything.

8 Likes