Is Twitter preparing for bankruptcy?

I can’t imagine that anyone, at this moment, would want to buy anything run by Musk without a due diligence process so complex that it’d take years.

18 Likes

Not paying bills like a common Trump.

14 Likes

Wait?!? Conrad or Adrian? I think I would like Elon a lot more if he was a German expressionist actor!

Although The Man Who Laughs is the proto-Joker so maybe?

14 Likes

This was my first thought after M was forced to go through with the deal and the nonsensical business decisions started. Let’s see if the financial press follows up on that story if he tries it.

10 Likes

Toyota has flirted with Tesla before, but the CEO of Toyota seems to fundamentally not believe in electric cars. Just getting plug-in hybrids built at Toyota seems to be a huge concession from him. They are still going down the hydrogen path, and the most recent comments from the CEO totally pooh-poohed the idea that electric cars were going to become popular within the next, say, decade. Toyota probably should buy Tesla, but I doubt they will show any interest until literally no one else is selling gas cars.

14 Likes

Sounds like my org: “everyone back to the office, you pajama sluts! Oh and in unrelated news, we’re not renewing our lease and the teams will be scattered to three different parts of the city so you’ll mostly be in your cubicles on echo-y zoom calls all day.”

9 Likes

“If you’re so smart, how come you ain’t rich?”

From what I’ve gathered about Elon Musk, he mostly lucked into his fortune: he made some good decisions at the right time and built a huge portfolio of assets, and he already had money to begin with (unlike most people.) The smartest thing he did (which was still pretty dumb from a legal standpoint) was trying to back out of buying Twitter.

7 Likes

look no further than the quoted article:

The aggressive moves signal that Mr. Musk is still slashing expenditures and is bending or breaking Twitter’s previous agreements to make his mark

the reporter could have said “the moves continue musk’s erratic and irrational decision making that have characterized much of his career”

but they didn’t. because they still hold to the idea that ceos in general, and musk in particular, are magical unicorns

11 Likes

For those still with Twitter, a little preview of the company’s attitude toward your data.

10 Likes

It’s a Rat King in a trenchcoat and the coat is on fire…

12 Likes

That sounds so much more classy than “not paying the rent, and his other bills are going to creditors.”

13 Likes

Meanwhile in Deplorable Town, everyone is martyring Elon by saying the government is punishing him for exposing their something something.

10 Likes

Ooooof. It’s not just an example of his erratic and irrational decision making, but continuing evidence for his disregard for agreements, legal contracts (and the law), too… what a way to characterize all that. Charitable to the point of being delusional.

14 Likes

Yep, we’ll never know how saavy most people’s investment skills would stack up against someone like Elon Musk because the vast majority of human beings have little if any excess wealth to gamble on things like stock portfolios or business startups.

16 Likes

Which company owns the battery manufacturing and technology?

Assuming that’s part of Tesla and not independent from the cars. I could imagine any of the big auto companies buying them just for the battery parts and simply shutting down all the car production.

8 Likes

Plus, we won’t know how many wriggling proto-Musks made their gambles and lost.

11 Likes

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

6 Likes
16 Likes

It would take most people a thousand lifetimes of terrible financial decisions to blow through as much money as that doofus torched in the last month. Billionaires should not exist.

22 Likes

Toyota’s quality control alone would never work at Tesla.

8 Likes