It's not easy to make Lucky Charms from scratch

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/02/its-not-easy-to-make-lucky-c.html

1 Like

If you wish to make some Lucky Charms from scratch, you must first invent the leprechaun.

16 Likes

How I miss Carl Sagan…

I regret I have but one like to give.

2 Likes

I always thought it would be fun to own an industrial grade cereal extruder, but sadly I don’t have 200A service going to my home.

1 Like

this is INSANE – and i watched the whole thing. ain’t no way i’m going to try to replicate that recipe. i feel for her.

1 Like

The marshmallows are easier to make:

4 Likes

I stipulate the headline is correct.

But why would you want to :interrobang:

Just because a thing can be done does not mean it should be done.

1 Like

Im guessing this video series is looking great in the marketing department’s pie charts, even though it isnt as practical as the mashed potato video.

2 Likes

mmmmm… the most delicious charts

3 Likes

If you want something that’s easier than this process, and tastes better than Lucky Charms, give the store brand knock-off a try. They’re usually called something like “Magic Stars” or “Hidden Treasures.” The oat pieces are far superior to the General Mills oat pieces; the squeaky bits are about the same. All this, of course, IMHO.

2 Likes

It’s easy peasy for me. I just tell my leprechaun to whip me up a bowlful of something magically delicious. Invariably, it’s always a bowl of Lucky Charms. Why can’t my leprechaun make something else? Surprise me leprechaun!

2 Likes

I concur. It’s what I used to buy for my boys. I just told them a wood fairy made them. They couldn’t tell the difference.

2 Likes

One of each please… I meant one whole pie of each. Thank you! :pie:

3 Likes

That there is just frightening.

1 Like

4JoPs

13 Likes

Real life pie chart.

3 Likes

The tablecloth after you put that near me, sure would be

1 Like

as long as i’m repeating myself today… can you do these next, pls

2 Likes

Not sure we have these in the UK. Probably, but never seen 'em. How much sugar per 100g? 99g? They look almost pure sugar like most cereal.

2 Likes

They are composed of 90% sugar and 10% Elder Gods

2 Likes