Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

He looks like bad taxidermy.

13 Likes

Edgar the Bug wore it better.

9 Likes
1 Like

The timing of this is super sus:

You can bet that trump has been pressuring people to get this out there before Thursdayā€™s primetime Jan 06 committee. Probably even during the funeral today.

14 Likes
24 Likes

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

15 Likes

So, remember how Trump told all the January 6 insurrectionists "We love you, youā€™re very specialā€?

Turns out that was the least horrible version of the speech his handlers were able to get out of him and now congress has the outtakes.

19 Likes

In ā€˜No shit Sherlockā€™ news

ā€œFar and away, we find that the two most commonly-cited reasons for breaching the US Capitol were a desire to support Trump on January 6th in DC and concerns about election integrity,ā€ the report reads.

ā€œTrump called us. Trump called us to D.C.,ā€ Rodriguez told the FBI, explaining why he went to D.C. on Jan. 6. ā€œIf heā€™s the commander in chief and the leader of our country, and heā€™s calling for help ā€” I thought he was calling for help, I thought he was I thought we were doing the right thing.ā€

18 Likes
15 Likes

Iā€™d be willing to bet that most of the offenders are in trumpā€™s security detail right now.

11 Likes

what was it sherlock holmes said?

after you remove the endless wild and completely nonsensical claims, the thing that you already have a ton of evidence for and saw yourself unfold on national television exactly as described is probably true

:mag:

22 Likes

Let the punishment fit the crime.

11 Likes

Yep. Sherlock Tweeted just that a week or two ago.

11 Likes

Just finished watching Day 8 of the hearings, and was impressed with how the events were presented (especially the emphasis on what members of the GOP, Fox News, and 45ā€™s inner circle were saying and texting during the attempted coup). This was me watching the outtakes from those speeches. :astonished:

I wasnā€™t expecting there would be such a long break before the next hearing either, butā€¦

17 Likes
18 Likes

One of the most dramatic moments of Thursday nightā€™s Jan. 6 committee hearing featured testimony from an unidentified witness who recounted that then-Vice President Mike Penceā€™s Secret Service detail was scared for their lives as a mob descended upon the U.S. Capitol. Described as a ā€œsecurity professionalā€ who was working at the White House complex on Jan. 6, the individual monitored incoming radio traffic that day and noted that the agents did ā€œnot sound goodā€ as the Capitol attack raged. ā€œMembers of the VP detail at this time were starting to fear for their own lives,ā€ the witness said. ā€œIt was disturbing. I donā€™t like talking about it. But there were calls to say goodbye to family members, so on and so forth.ā€ The witness added ā€œit was just chaosā€ and they were ā€œgetting nervousā€ as rioters breached the Capitol. Many within the mob chanted ā€œHang Mike Penceā€ and were determined to prevent the vice president from certifying Joe Bidenā€™s electoral victory.

15 Likes

so maybe thereā€™s two sides to every text message?

wonder if they could subpoena the call records, and then the phones of the people the agents talked to. having what they were saying to their friends and families would be pretty revealing

12 Likes

Once again, Penceā€™s ongoing refusal to take a strong stand against the would-be dictator who tried to have him lynched is beyond craven.

But hey, letā€™s all pretend Pence is some kind of principled hero a because he didnā€™t actively take a leading role in a coup against the United States.

17 Likes

Laughable (in that people will laugh at it) but not completely implausible theory of the day:

Major, Bidenā€™s dog, bit Secret Service members because he sensed their hostility to Biden.

20 Likes

The idea that one could split off the ā€œinstitutionalistā€ faction from the ā€œfascistā€ faction looks more and more implausible by the day.

11 Likes