Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

I dunno about that. They could have just requested his presence, then shrugged their shoulders when he didn’t show. But they didn’t do that - they actually subpoenaed him , which suggests they’re actually serious about it. I don’t think they would have gone that far if they didn’t intend to compel his presence.

9 Likes

Do it, Donald.

Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit.

Just imagine the ratings!

7 Likes

He wouldn’t be the first businessman brought down by his coke habit.

10 Likes

Wait What

Sounds bad.

WASHINGTON — The trial of a former U.S. Capitol Police officer charged in the Jan. 6 riot began Tuesday with jurors set to decide whether his Facebook message warning a rioter to remove information from a public post amount to obstruction of a federal grand jury.

Macchiaroli made clear he would be pitting the Justice Department’s theory against Riley’s 26 years of service, including his role on Jan. 6. Jurors heard Tuesday that Riley was the first officer to respond to the scene when pipe bombs were discovered at the RNC and DNC headquarters near the Capitol.

14 Likes
16 Likes

Didn’t we hear about this a week ago?

These things always go through the news sphincter twice :confused:

8 Likes

They voted to subpeona him last week. They served the subpeona now.

13 Likes

They could’nt find a real lawyer to deal with. He has a team now just for this.

11 Likes

Thomas should - but won’t- recuse himself.

14 Likes

Graham’s request was filed to Clarence Thomas

Wait, people get to pick which judge they file their SCOTUS case (appeal, plea, whatever) to? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

11 Likes

They have districts.

10 Likes

Does Graham’s have a fainting couch?

5 Likes

He had a choice or found a firm that would agree to do it?

4 Likes

Don’t know the deets but I’m guessing that firm has a stream of cash coming in from his fund raising grifting operations.

5 Likes
11 Likes

They get to pick so they can control the outcome:

13 Likes

Whaaaa?

Then asks the committee not to read them?

15 Likes

He shouldn’t just have asked - he also should have made a pinkie swear that there was nothing of any interest in those documents. That would have, like, totally worked.

11 Likes

My suspicion is that he didn’t want to go to jail for defying the subpoena but was also looking for a bone to toss Trump & Co. when they turn on him out for cooperating with the committee.

“But boss… I told them not to read the documents! It’s not my fault!”

12 Likes

This isn’t about the hearings, but this topic seems to be the only Jan. 6 thread still open, so I’ll put this here:

12 Likes