Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

Denialist cult members only matter as the existential threat that they are; the nonsense they claim to believe is irrelevant.

12 Likes
12 Likes

Dumbass. It’s 100% guaranteed that he would’ve done everything in his power to destroy any Republican who participated in that committee in good faith just as he has with Cheney and Kinzinger, and the rest of his party knew it.

14 Likes

Yeah as others have said one big advantage of including so many Republicans in these hearings is that it helps erode the perception that Republicans have to support Trump in general and The Big Lie in particular.

If we can’t convince Republicans to leave their party then perhaps we can at least help them see a less fascist path forward.

10 Likes

I concur.

8 Likes

At this point, I think that’s a given. No matter what we thought we already know about what went on, the hearings are showing that things were immensely worse than we imagined.

It’s like getting to the end of a long rollercoaster ride, grateful that you survived and can now get off the ride, only to have the ride operator say “Hey, have fun!” as you get sent on another run.

11 Likes
9 Likes

WTF!

does not provide sufficient context

“We have to delete the content that shows he’s a liar, because he is lying”

logic GIF by Squirrel Monkey

12 Likes
12 Likes

Documentary filmmaker may have raw footage of Trump’s actions inside the White House on Jan. 6

17 Likes
18 Likes

I feel like that’s a deliberate slap.

8 Likes

Pre-game thread has started on PBS newshour…

13 Likes

Crazy… all those reporters right in your face…

Raffensperger is right in the middle there…

11 Likes
15 Likes

So many bodies under that bus by now.

16 Likes

Right? I’m surprised its wheels still rotate.

17 Likes

Maybe its so many that it’s just added another layer to the tires…

Okay, this is getting sort of body horror… :grimacing:

12 Likes

I love this guy…

14 Likes

I was always assured that particular road was paved with good intentions.

10 Likes