Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

Whether it is or not, it’s still heading straight to hell.

14 Likes

Well, that was compelling testimony from a ghastly pale old dude who looks like he has one whole leg in the grave already.

But seriously, Bowers was pretty damn emphatic that he wasn’t willing to put his own ass on the line for that treasonous fuckery, especially with absolutely zero evidence.

Watching him start to tear up at the end because he personally ended up in danger didn’t move me, though. Like:

15 Likes

“I was so sure they wouldn’t eat my face!” Yeah, whatever, dude.

16 Likes

That’s a large percentage of Congress you’ve just described.

15 Likes

Right???

Indeed, and that’s a huge part of the problem, IMO…

16 Likes

Yeah, not like Trump ever hid who he was and what he believed, but it was more important for these people to support an R no matter what. “Vote red until you’re dead”… they didn’t realize that the people who might kill them would be those they politically aligned with…

I do feel bad for his sick kid, though. She didn’t deserve that.

Oh! Now for Brad! Bennie Thompson just noted how Trump was especially focused on my great state…

11 Likes

I smell a racketeering BBQ in Ga.

9 Likes

I hope other Republicans are taking note though. The real lesson here is “if Trump will do this to his political allies what makes you think he won’t do it to you too?”

13 Likes

If they haven’t gotten that message already, I’m not sure they ever will.

16 Likes

Agreed.

The last witness is a Black woman who was one of the election workers in GA: I better brace myself.

12 Likes

She’s already got me tearing up, talking about how much she loves her job, especially where she gets to help elders in her community and other who might have difficulty voting.

Special place in hell for Rudy for those comments. Scum.

14 Likes

Lady Ruby and her daughter should sue Giuliani and trump for all they have left.

13 Likes

They are both clearly traumatized by what was done to them. I hope they do too. They don’t deserve this. They were doing their jobs and this is what they get for doing their civic duty.

15 Likes

Bwaaahahahaha

Sorry, money quote:

In other words: many of the people actually running Trump’s reelection operation are now saying they somehow had zero clue that an entire documentary was being filmed largely about Trump and his reelection campaign . And now the fruits of that doc are being mined for evidence by the congressional committee investigating Trump and his multi-pronged efforts to shred the American democratic order.

20 Likes

How does one miss a film crew?

Were they wearing FoxNews swag?

13 Likes

Man…

15 Likes

Yeah, that was a lot, wasn’t it.

And now the entire committee went over and shook hands and hugged them both.

14 Likes

Reminds me of how Michael Wolff spent months hanging out in the White House interviewing insiders for his Fire and Fury book, which provided an absolutely devastating glimpse into the corruption, dysfunction and incompetence of the Trump administration.

After the book was published people kept asking Wolff “why would they give you so much access when they should have realized how damaging your story would be?” His response was basically “Hell if I know.”

15 Likes

That’s the worst part, IMPO.

Those people don’t actually give a fuck about Shae or Lady Ruby, except as tools.

11 Likes

they honestly believe that they can get away with whatever they want.

You’re probably right, but I hope it’s not true, especially from the Democrats on the committee.

13 Likes