Jan. 6 Hearings MegaThread

9 Likes

Trying to be optimistic, I guess.

12 Likes

Good for you, please don’t let me being jaded stop you.

I just don’t trust politicians… or anyone who’s rich, really.

Personally I can’t afford to.

So it’s always hope for the best, but still prepare for the worst, just in case.

15 Likes

For good reason. Even the “good” ones can (and often do) fail us.

I just hope these hearings, especially from Shae and Lady Ruby, has some impact on enough Americans to make a difference for the fall elections. I really don’t want this all to be for nothing. But then again, I hoped the same thing about the impact covid would have, and look where we are. :frowning_face:

11 Likes

“Believe that they can get away with” implies they think they’re doing something wrong in the first place. I don’t think they think they’re doing anything wrong. They don’t have that kind of moral compass. When stuff comes out, and people call them on it, they genuinely believe they’re being bullied for doing something “every else does.”

7 Likes

Isn’t that at the crux of the matter? I think Trump has spent his entire life not being told no. He knows what the law is, but he fully believes that he doesn’t need to abide by the law, because he’s often broken the law and gotten away with it. He KNOWS things he does is illegal, but believes he is not to be held to the same standard as the rest of us. Statements they’ve highlighted show that they KNEW what the law was and doubled down anyway (thinking specifically of some of the revelations about Eastman).

WRT Eastman, I mean when he was told that Pence could not reject the electors, but he told him to do it anyway, and let the courts sort it out. He KNEW it was illegal, but he persisted.

14 Likes

A common thread among tyrants, and humans in general, really. Few people recognize themselves as bad guys. The saying is “nobody is the villain of their own story.”

Idi Amin famously invited a bunch of documentary makers to follow him around and the resulting General Idi Amin Dada: A Self Portrait was unbelievably damning. I’ll bet Trump never watched it though.

10 Likes

I wonder if Trump made it all the way through Home Alone 2 or just watched the one scene on repeat for a while.

14 Likes

Crooks, all the way down.

12 Likes

ATLANTA, Dec 10 — Weeks after the 2020 election, a Chicago publicist for hip-hop artist Kanye West traveled to the suburban home of Ruby Freeman, a frightened Georgia election worker who was facing death threats after being falsely accused by former President Donald Trump of manipulating votes. The publicist knocked on the door and offered to help.

The visitor, Trevian Kutti, gave her name but didn’t say she worked for West, a longtime billionaire friend of Trump. She said she was sent by a “high-profile individual,” whom she didn’t identify, to give Freeman an urgent message: confess to Trump’s voter-fraud allegations, or people would come to her home in 48 hours, and she’d go to jail.

15 Likes

I think we all know the answer to that.

@KathyPartdeux I was annoyed no one mentioned the publicist.

10 Likes

Yes. Though I guess I get trying to keep the focus tightly on the Administration. I guess.

9 Likes

Yeah, because really, that’s what the justice department can go after with the right evidence… but it’s a whole movement now that has pulled in others who can carry this shit on, and that should be highlighted as well.

10 Likes

And then there was this gentleman to the right of Bowers (left side of image) Hoping he is a time agent come to fix our fucked up timeline.

FV0HAvIXoAgZfUt

11 Likes

That makes sense. Not much point in giving Republicans talking points like “are you saying Trump is responsible for the actions of Kanye West’s publicist now?”

Plus dragging Kanye into the discussion would give fuel to the people who insist the MAGA movement can’t be racist because they have a nonzero number of Black people.

9 Likes

Person . Woman . Man . Camera . TV .

6 Likes

And Merrick Garland is in…Ukraine.

7 Likes

Investigating Hunter Biden’s laptop? Honestly at this point I would not be surprised :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

TBF the word senate lit. means “the old people”

4 Likes

Not literally, but I get your meaning.

6 Likes