Jan 6th select committee is finally curious about what Ginni Thomas has been up to

Originally published at: Jan 6th select committee is finally curious about what Ginni Thomas has been up to | Boing Boing

11 Likes

If she doesn’t ignore the subpoenaed like the other fascist scumbags, I’m looking forward to the laugh I’ll have when she inevitably claims that she and her husband never talk about politics.

33 Likes

And… nothing will happen.

4 Likes

Is Merrick Garland even attending the hearings? Watching from his office? Watching on his phone? Is he in the country?

5 Likes
18 Likes

It’s like the old expression “the other shoe dropping” except there are an unlimited number of shoes that keep dropping, and conservatives will say, in unison, “so what, it’s just a shoe”, ignoring that there’s a hideous monster upstairs that has hundreds of legs.

23 Likes

Ginni Thomas, MAGA’s SCOTUS back door lady?

Shady.

7 Likes

Such interesting times we live in!

Any historians remember another time in American history where the spouse of a supreme court justice engaged in treason?

8 Likes

Got those winning lottery ticket numbers for me, dear psychic?

10 Likes

they can only predict the bad things…

characters GIF

14 Likes

To be fair, given my life experiences, it’s a more than 50 % chance that the worst will happen, even if I did not really expect it.

I was wrongly not expecting the worst in case like Brexit, 45, and quite a number of other clusterfucks.

Don’t anyone dare to call me defeatist. I’m still kicking and screaming my rock uphill, albeit not completely happy. Brecht’s closing lines in Szechwan, and all that.

4 Likes

It’s not particularly helpful though, to give up in the middle of the struggle. Some people can afford to do that, but many can not, because it will literally end up with them dead. Weirdly, the people who tend to express that things will not improve are not the people in the crosshairs. It’s less an expression of people not seeing any hope and more an expression of a certain kind of privilege that it will not be so bad for them so why bother.

13 Likes

even it’s just coming to light – being documented for the public – would be an amazingly positive thing. this kind of information does change people’s minds – even if it sometimes feels otherwise.

9 Likes

I think Ms. Thomas should be treated like other potential conflicts of interest in the government, she should be placed in a blind trust, and relinquished back to Justice Thomas when he leaves office.

Um… I’m sorry, are you saying that women are property of their husbands?

6 Likes

Not really. Perhaps all Trump appointed judges should be placed in blind trusts, as he apparently believes he owns them.

2 Likes

Well, first, Thomas is not a Trump appointed judge and second, Ginni Thomas is not appointed by anyone. She’s not property, but a human being who might have contributed to an attempted coup and needs to be held to account for that.

10 Likes

She should be placed in prison for fomenting insurrection. If her husband was in any way aware of her activities in that regard he should get a cell of his own.

11 Likes

Yes I remember. He should not be a justice, Anita Hill should be. Yes, Ginni Thomas should be held to account for her actions.

1 Like

Not psychic, statistic.

Look at all of the other “huge” investigations into blatant criminal behaviour of the actual people in power in the last 4 years.

Plot those on a graph, and the line points to “nowhere”. It allows you to extrapolate where this new data point might go… “nowhere”.

Even impeachments meant nothing. No consequences for anyone who matters.

3 Likes