Japanese group wears hilarious "mundane" Halloween costumes over flashy ones

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/30/japanese-group-wears-hilarious.html

8 Likes

I love these, they’re so random but they really have a Japanese sense of humor that I really appreciate

16 Likes

Was expecting to see flashy costumes worn underneath mundane ones. Disappointed. Curse you phrasing!

23 Likes

“Person who is about to win at Old Maid” is the greatest.

Soon online: Sexy person who is about to win at Old Maid.

Which would be unnecessary since clearly that guy is wearing a sexy person who is about to win at Old Maid costume already.

20 Likes

NAh7E8A

Too much?

13 Likes

Reminds me of this Julio Torres bit. Starts at 2:37. Ignore Fallon. https://youtu.be/kRtxVtKqxPs?t=157

1 Like

I found a vintage Chewbacca costume still in the box at the Goodwill, the kind with the brittle plastic mask and the thin cloth smock that for some reason has a picture of Chewbacca’s face on it and “Star Wars” in big letters.

I plan to wear it as a Halloween costume, but I’m not going to take it out of the box-- I’m going to strap the box to my chest and go as a “rare collectible Star Wars costume.”

36 Likes

Hoping for guy in overalls and safety boots with a chainsaw costume, because I have all the items ready to use. But is more practical is a bow woodsaw.

3 Likes

Or go as “excited guy that bought a rare SW costume and is showing you the receipt”

14 Likes

We really need to discuss the definition of “hilarious”.

Add “literally” and “amazing” to the list too.

7 Likes

this year i am going as unhappy dude who is reluctantly being drag around the neighborhood in the rain by his kids. I have been working on my costume for three days, since the forecast came out with 90% chance of rain. Three days or 9 years…its hard to tell at this point…get off my lawn.

16 Likes

Yeah, they meant ‘over’ in the sense of instead of.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I saw this post earlier and thought it was fantastic and creative.

3 Likes

I think this is part of the reason I dislike Halloween so much. I’m just not clever enough to come up with good costume ideas. #BooHumbug

5 Likes

You can always go as yourself.

2 Likes

That looks to me like someone who has already lost at Old Maid…

1 Like

I am going to dress up as someone reading a boingboing post about people dressed up as people doing mundane things.

9 Likes

Woah, there, tiger. Don’t be rash.

2 Likes

What does “real clothes in the room” mean? Is that a mistranslation, or is the mistake inside my mind?

2 Likes