Jared and Ivanka are mad about these billboard ads, so please don't share these photos of them

Legally the case is a farce. But like a lot of this family of shitweasels’ performative lawsuits the real purpose is to pander to their marks and cost the defendants money. Fortunately the Lincoln Project knows what they’re doing.

14 Likes

Great job, Lincoln Project. This is really going to hurt Trump’s chances of winning New York.

2 Likes

It’s not about “winning NY;” TLP is trolling 45 & Co on a professional level which works to distract and deter the focus of their reelection ‘campaign.’

Hitting them from all sides at the same time can work…

20 Likes

Made this one a few days ago.

19 Likes

LP legal team response posted:

21 Likes

“We refer you to the reply given in the case of Arkell v. Pressdram.”

10 Likes

Its like watching the snake eat itself.
Maybe they will all implode into their own black hole, leaving the sane untouched.

4 Likes

Footnote #8 was the last piece of glorious icing on a beautiful cake.

20 Likes

Lincoln Project legal counsel after sending that letter:

explosion

21 Likes

If you don’t want to be subject to political ads and cartoons - maybe don’t choose to work in the White House idiots.

They’re upset because Manhattan is where they’re going to have to return to after Daddy loses.

21 Likes

They’re upset because Manhattan is where they’re going to have to return to after Daddy loses.

I was thinking Rikers.

21 Likes

Ding, ding, ding. Nothing matters to them but money. Unless Javanka winds up in jail (unlikely), they’ll still be welcome at all the fancy parties.

7 Likes

A reformed Republican friend of mine (he switched parties after W) posts TLP stuff all the time, and one comment from another former Republican friend of his scared the crap out of me, mostly because it’s partly true. “The Democratic Party today reminds me a lot of the Republican Party of 30 years ago.” I’m glad TLP is putting country before party, but we cannot let them get a foothold in the Democratic Party after this election is over. If we do, we will have won the battle but lost the war.

16 Likes

This is actually kind of a shame. There’s so much low hanging fruit to hammer on (weird mixed metaphor) that there’s no need to take iffy quotes pretty far out of context to make a point. That undermines the whole cause.

As Rob says, this sort of stuff make me nervous about TLP for when Trump is gone (hopefully this cycle, but please vote) because these nasty throw-down tactics won’t be so funny when subsequently directed at people I like.

5 Likes

Looks like TLP’s lawyers agree. From the tweet linked below: “The Lincoln Project would welcome the opportunity to further establish the truthfulness of its Time Square billboards through litigation and discovery, so sue if you must.”

7 Likes

The Jared quote doesn’t end up being all that iffy. At first I thought TLP might be twisting something Jared said about Cuomo’s political supporters and team to represent all New Yorkers, but looking at the full quote I now see that blank-eyed dimwit was actually talking about all New Yorkers.

The shooped photo of Ivanka is the only iffy aspect of the billboards. I assume TLP wanted any discussion of it to round back to the whole Goya beans thing, but while it doesn’t expose them in court it is gratuitous.

And yes, as I’ve said before, TLP is a bunch of dangerously clever neoCons who’ll be deploying these same tactics at hapless Dems the moment that Biff is gone.

11 Likes

I imagine that they’ll be fine with “centrist” Blue Dog Dems, so more likely against progressives.

5 Likes

Not that iffy, I think. And if push comes to shove, they could always swap the shooped bean photo for the one at the embassy:

6 Likes

The billboard would kind of been funnier if they had just left the beans in.

11 Likes

I don’t really see that as an issue either. No reasonable person would look at that billboard and think Ivanka was literally smiling and gesturing at those numbers.

8 Likes