JD Vance brags that he told his 7-year-old to "shut the hell up"about Pokemon when Trump called him (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/08/02/jd-vance-brags-that-he-told-his-7-year-old-to-shut-the-hell-upabout-pokemon-when-trump-called-him-video.html

“You missed a call and now I’m going to have to pick someone else.”

“Oh thank God. Phew, that was a close one.”

36 Likes

“So I call Trump and I’m like, “Hey sir, what’s going on?””

Has the Trump Tell of including a guy calling you ‘sir’ in your fabricated anecdotes spread to members of his circle as well?

16 Likes

JD Vance picked up the phone. It was a big, strong phone, a veteran, with tears in its eyes.

27 Likes

I’m like, “oh no.” So I call Trump and I’m like, “Hey sir, what’s going on?”

He’s like, “JD you missed a very important phone call and now I’m gonna have to pick somebody else.”

And I’m, you know, I like, tense up and almost have a heart attack

15 Likes

You know, I remember my parents snapping at me to shut up sometimes. But I never remember them retelling that to any one. Like, that’s weird, right? I think everyone has less than proud parenting moments, but to try to retell it as funny story?

31 Likes

That’s some epic manspreading right there.

7 Likes

“Shut the hell up! I’m on the phone. Go sit on the couch. NOT THAT ONE!”

29 Likes

36 Likes

Every parent has snapped at their kid at some point, even the most patient among us. Using it as the central point of what’s intended to be a “funny story” is indeed very weird.

I feel bad for his kids. A dad of mixed race kids who espouses the great replacement conspiracy and won’t even say racist attacks against their mother are bad. Now we find out he doesn’t understand that moment isn’t funny, it was an example of a bad parenting choice. Those poor kids.

27 Likes

Those are some weird “family values”.

11 Likes

11 Likes

(Vance’s statement excerpted verbatim): “I’m like,…I’m like, … He’s like, …I’m, you know, I like, … I’m like,…”

Such eloquence, something which came up here in Josh Shapiro’s response to Vance comparing Josh “to a really bad impression of Barack Obama.”: "Is that what he said?” [a smirking Shapiro asked.] “He’s great. I love how we get the real-time quotes here. I mean, look, I don’t know,” [he continued, chuckling.] Barack Obama is probably our most gifted orator of my time, so it’s kind of a weird insult, I guess,”…

7 Likes

It seems that podiums (lots of talking is pretty much a firm requirement) have a way of revealing a person’s true self.

11 Likes

I don’t know what to comment about first, his neglectful parenting, the irony of the “Happy Dad” cups on display around him, or his manspreading on a chair he probably wants to have sex with.

6 Likes

JD Vance keeps upping the chances he’ll die alone and forgotten every day.

14 Likes

Alt headline: “JD Vance hurts child’s feelings for opportunity to become global laughing stock.”

25 Likes

“And brags about it”.

13 Likes

12 Likes

Hope you’re laying aside some serious bank for future therapy sessions for your poor son, JD.

Christ, what a weird, creepy asshole.

11 Likes