Jeb Bush quits 2016 presidential race

Except I live with a family of people that are full on bull goose for Trump. I’d rather sane sensical people were the headliners so I didn’t feel like I was in some kind of twilight zone where I can’t speak up without being shouted down.

7 Likes

America.

5 Likes

I think it might be time to buy yourself an “I’m with stupid” t-shirt.

4 Likes

Have you considered the purchase of a monogrammed personal firearm?

3 Likes

Between the fact I have a temper, and really bad eyesight? No, not really.

10 Likes

What the hell are you talking about “if it comes”‽ American fascism can be seen gurning, hooting and hollering in the background of every Republican rally.

9 Likes

“If it comes to power”. Current US Republican crazyness is largely restricted to domestic politics (and even that is largely thanks to gerrymander and voter suppression). Sucks for y’all, but survivable for the rest of us,

But bring on another 9/11-grade systemic shock, and the worst impulses of the US electorate will again charge to the fore. Hello President RubiTrump.

4 Likes

You appear to have mistaken me for a one of the sadly afflicted. I also disagree with your analysis, since the GOP has fairly successfully defined the limits of what is acceptable within politics for decades now.

1 Like

pfffft. Can Cruz even paint?

22 Likes

They produce high capacity magazines for every need you know.

4 Likes

I sure hope so. Not trying to be inflammatory, but I find myself wondering if pre-WWII Germany was telling itself the same thing…

4 Likes

If I ran with my anger there wouldn’t be enough bullets in the world. Plus I kinda just don’t want to run with that. Bad karma.

1 Like

Fascism American style seems to happen in a few places at a time - at the top of large corporations, in some state governments or corrupt local administrations - but not to affect the whole country. All we can really do is hope.

2 Likes

At first it was Jeb! Then it was Jeb? Now it’s :arrow_lower_right:Jeb.

I can never tell the difference between the Trump parody account and the “real” one.

2 Likes

Nuke.
Just do it.

2 Likes

He surely plays one on TV

2 Likes

American Fascism? Is that the same as Late Stage Fascism?

1 Like

I do kinda, sorta, thank the Republicans for not falling into lockstep behind The Anointed One this time. As soon as Jeb! announced, I assumed it would be Bush versus Clinton at the end. So, nice job, Republicans. Kinda, sorta.

1 Like

My my, that “please clap” line will forever be a classic, won’t it? Makes the “Dean scream” seem like a modest slip of the tongue.

I’d like to say that I look forward to whatever great depth of stupidity Trump finally manages to plumb that will terminate his campaign – the Balrog released by the dwarven miners, if you will – except I fear that there is no such depth.

6 Likes

I still think Bush II benefited from the fact that Bush I was a decent President, even if he did not get re-elected. Stopping the pursuit of Saddam’s forces at the border after shooting them up beyond repair was surely the right thing to do; it minimised civilian casualties. But any attempt at Bush III was stymied by 8 years of Bush II. Being Bush II’s smarter, less dysfunctional brother wasn’t enough.

8 Likes