Jeffrey Epstein's social media accounts are as gross as you'd expect

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/22/jeffrey-epsteins-social-medi.html

5 Likes

This is worse:

13 Likes

Epstein is a real vomit inducer.

13 Likes

Lisa Bloom, another attorney that represents Epstein’s victims, argued that it was “gross negligence” for guards to allow the deceased pedophile to sign a new will.

It sounds like court of public opinion has looser standards.

I’d like to never think about him again.

1 Like

There are a lot of powerful people who are hoping we all stop thinking about him (and by extension the terrible crimes he and his friends were party to).

21 Likes

Meh. I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories.

Not a conspiracy, just a lot of individual people wondering how much shit will be hitting which fans.

8 Likes
8 Likes

His death likely didn’t involve any kind of conspiracy, but his life certainly did. “Trafficking of underage sex slaves” isn’t a solo endeavor.

24 Likes

He was charged with “conspiracy to engage in sex trafficking of minors” among other things.

9 Likes

Right; you don’t exactly have to be a “conspiracy theorist” in the Bigfoot/Illuminati/Moon-landing-was-a-hoax sense to believe the guy who was awaiting trial for conspiracy was probably involved in some kind of conspiracy.

22 Likes

Yes most of those are puke although the whole Lolita/Daddy thing is across culture…

But don’t get the Rome/Greek thing above. Especially as Epstein was straight and that was young men (not paedophile, ephebophile, mid-late teens) with older men?

If you’re going to ‘no smoke without fire’ Epstein then at least be accurate :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have both of those songs in my collection with probably a dozen versions of Before You Accuse me by different artists (half of them Clapton). Does this make me a vomit inducing pedophile?

2 Likes

He completely missed the point of that song.

No Cole Porter for you!

1 Like

If you were already known to be a vomit-inducing pedophile then I expect people might look at those selections in a new light.

5 Likes

Epstein was clearly a disgusting human. Hard to read too much into the various social media things, any one of us could look creepy if our stuff is viewed through a distorted lens.

I have no issue with reviling a repulsive person like Epstein, but I am somewhat concerned with the idea that liking a particular song or art style is an indicator of creepiness, especially through the lens of public opinion as distorted by social media.

2 Likes

Never have I heard Peter Pan described in such ominous terms… might be just a little purple prose in that article.

Seems like the timing of that will should make it contestable, but IANAL.

4 Likes

Clapton or CCR? We can’t make a judgment on his musical tastes without knowing.

(I always thought this was about a man cheating on a cheating girlfriend? Is it really something more sinister?)