Jesus appeared as wet stain on church floor welcoming worshippers to Easter services

Originally published at: Jesus appeared as wet stain on church floor welcoming worshippers to Easter services | Boing Boing

5 Likes

“NO! Bad Jesus!”

24 Likes

Don’t stigmatatize the believers.

8 Likes

I’m just saying that ideally you want your Messiah to be House-of-God-trained.

29 Likes

True believers would see this as a baptism.

7 Likes

Careful now! It might be a clever ruse…

Father Ted kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse

14 Likes

“Quck! Walk on water while you can.”

“That’s not funny pastor Jim.”

12 Likes

That’s how you get a wine stain out.

13 Likes

Oh. He turned the wine back into water so it wouldn’t stain the carpet.

Good move.

Correction: God move.

14 Likes

I know religious folks are apt to push the boundaries of pareidolia, but the wishful pareidolia is extra strong here… I can’t see a human outline, much less a “Jesus” (with his woolly hair). Even with someone actively saying, “Look, a human figure!” my response is, “Nah.” That this embarrassing claim made the local news… whoo boy.

10 Likes

I was able to mostly get there (my best crack below) definitely more of an “illustrated sunday school” level than “painting on grandma’s wall” level…

9 Likes

Wow. First, toast, and now a puddle?

Somebody better tell the fundie-evangies their Jesus has been found - again.

#TaxTheChurches

2 Likes

Looks more like Zoidberg…

zoiberg-1

16 Likes

At a stretch, the "head’ portion looks more like this to me, rather than a “Jesus”:

But it’s attached to… a blob.

Edit: But given the inhuman shape, the best one can make out of it is an awkward cartoon figure.

4 Likes

I immediately saw this guy

10 Likes

This old altar boy got treated to a very sad variety of pareidolia while visiting his cherished, cigar-chomping, ping-pong-playing pastor many years ago. Pointing to the church’s classic frescoed ceiling work, he pointed out a stain there that, to him, appeared to be an image of St. Mary (as our church was commonly known as). He took that as a sign that his church would not, as planned, be closed down and its parishioners absorbed by the much larger St. Trinity. What else could I do but agree with his interpretation. Anyway, both church and its (our!) adjacent 8-classroom schoolhouse are now gone. Nice couple of condos though, and the street corner dedication to our old pastor remains in place.

5 Likes

For some reason it reminded me of Animal and this song.

3 Likes

Jesus appeared as wet stain…

10 Likes

That has me wondering what the most extreme response has been to a case of pareidolia. (Though realistically, if one goes back far enough, the answer is probably “genocide.”)

4 Likes

Given religion-themed pareidolia, absolutely anything could and did happen. What a world.

2 Likes