Jim Bakker warns that America will riot if Trump is impeached

Fuck this thread; it’s just too goddamned defeatist and depressing.

9 Likes

It doesn’t really surprise me that Jim Bakker is a huge Trump supporter. It seems that Trump and Jim Bakker are creatures of the same type of scheme. Con man who cultivate the trust of other people off of an image that they create whether it’s based off of religion or off of preceived success. I mean let’s not forget that Trump has made a name for himself by selling his name. And by doing that he suckered people into things like Trump University. And just like Trump Jim Bakker did a similar Thing by suckering people into his condo scheme where he was selling more condos than he actually had possession of. It doesn’t help that Trump is also a big Vince McMahon type of guy and in fact there’s like hold video footage of trump partaking in professional wrestling, which is all the fake but it is a type of mass crowd deception scheme.

3 Likes

Speaking of religious fraudsters.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/conservative-writer-god-was-answering-prayers-of-texas-victims-by-letting-them-get-shot/

Conservative writer: God was ‘answering prayers’ of Texas victims by letting them get shot
Brad Reed
Brad Reed
06 Nov 2017 at 12:41 ET

Hans Fiene, a Lutheran pastor who is also a regular contributor to the right-wing website The Federalist, has written a new column in which he explains that allowing 26 people to die at the hands of a crazed gunman at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, this weekend was actually God’s way of answering their prayers.

4 Likes

I’d bet Mueller was also interested in that already, even without Trump going “Oh no, don’t look over there.”

Incidentally, Mueller probably has another fallback plan. If Trump does fire him and cripple the investigation, then New York AG Eric Shneiderman will just pick up where he left off (with access to all Mueller’s notes). Because his investigation will be state-level rather than federal, it’ll be a lot harder for Trump to head off. And Shneiderman will definitely go places Trump would rather that he didn’t, which won’t be pretty.

Schneiderman, Schneiderman, does whatever a schneider can …

4 Likes

That’s how pretty much every big fish gets taken down though, and Mueller has some practice at this stuff. For example, it looks like he’s got enough to take Flynn’s son down with him so he could likely get Flynn to flip in exchange for cutting a deal for the kid.

5 Likes

Would it really be a bad thing if they did?

Rioting is presumably a felony, so those who don’t just get Waco’d and removed from the gene pool permanently would be ineligible to vote or own firearms - a powerful self own.

Extremely ironic, since Mike Pence is exactly the guy he wants to be president. I’d bet money that Bakker doesn’t realize Pence would become president.

> This is stupid and insanity what is going on in our country right now.

I have lived long enough to hear Jim Bakker say fourteen consecutive words I wholeheartedly agree with.

(except when my inner monologue says nearly the same thing it sticks to a pair of adjectives instead of substituting a noun form…)

1 Like

The only place I ever hear about Jim Bakker is here at BoingBoing, and I consume more than my share of right-wing media.

1 Like

A39C2A84-8BFA-4F6E-AEC7-7F07F8700C61

7 Likes

This is a testable hypothesis. Let’s find out together, for science.

Because he is. He went to prison for swindling his congregation.

6 Likes

High time Bakker offers a free bucket of soup for every 20 buckets purchased, “Limited time offer” due to impending civil insurrections.

Let us all take a moment to pray for this gentleman.

4 Likes

Christ: “What an asshole!”

4 Likes

3 Likes

A cruder man might say, “There will be so much sucking and fucking going on when that guy is impeached.” I am not that man. I am as smooth as marble from head to toe.

2 Likes

This. Likewise I never hear about Newt Gingrich except when he is desperately trying to remain relevant by saying something when nobody cares about his opinion.

1 Like

i-see-what-you-did-there

8 Likes

2 Likes