Joe Rogan says Jews are "into money" like Italians are "into pizza"

‘Just ignoring’ evil (and its’ enablers) never made it go away.

Usually the same self appointed ‘devil’s advocates’ who insist the solution to all our problems is that we should just be more compassionate to the fascists.

34 Likes

Gli italiani sono sia per i soldi sia per la pizza, dato che senza soldi non puoi comprare la pizza.

Italians are both into money and into pizza, 'cause if you haven’t money you can’t buy pizza.

23 Likes

This. Just all of this.

17 Likes

No one’s making you repeat yourself either.

12 Likes

I’m allergic to small denominations; I can only talk large bills.

9 Likes

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

kendra on top love GIF by WE tv

16 Likes

Like… a pelican’s bill? Or do you mean like Bill Nye? He’s pretty big in some circles. :thinking:

12 Likes
5 Likes

What surprises me isn’t that Joe Rogan would go there; but that there appears to be no dissonance between the ‘zOMG sinister money-jews!’ enthusiasm and the ‘all hail free enterprise’/‘money is jesus showing his love’/‘worship the wealth creators!’ stuff that so frequently shares the same skull.

If what’s culturally normative is some sort of relatively unproductive but socially stable-ish feudalism that absolutely loathes vulgar new money and still means ‘any interest at all’ when they say ‘usury’ it’s at least coherent to characterize the outgroup as undesireables in part for their rapacious avarice; but it seems profoundly confused when you seamlessly alternate between kissing the golden calf’s ass, spitting on the poors for their personal irresponsibility; and hyping up the money-hungry jew.

Is this purely the power of inertia and a strong back-catalog of well honed slander? Is there some special alchemy that makes the jews the explanation for the (blatantly obvious, if frequently not well articulated) difference between the outcomes that people who believe that wealth is in some way tied to merit believe they should see and the ones they actually do see? Some other dynamic I’m failing to comprehend?

It seems particularly weird given the extent to which the cult of wealth extends even(in some cases particularly; if the volume of chumbox ads for franchise opportunities vs. those for ‘investing’ and ‘passive income’ is anything to go by) to people who don’t even try to hide, sometimes even luxuriate in, their status as rentiers. If there were still a separation there; where ‘businessman’ or ‘entrepreneur’ was social license to get as rich as you want; but people spit on landlords and hedge fund managers; then there’d be a fairly obvious angle to slander jews as finance-greedy rather than hard work-greedy; but last I checked we’ve got a nontrivial puschist faction pushing for someone too incompetent to even make it as a landlord to be elevated to god-emperor status, so that can’t be it.

10 Likes

ProTip!:

Don’t click.

16 Likes

Crossposting to “All Cops Are Buttheads?”

5 Likes

a.k.a., “shalomi”

because “the jews” are after his money. it’s fine for white supremacists to want money, it’s not fine for other people to want any of it for themselves

minor edit:

21 Likes

Can someone with knowledge of history please confirm / deny / refute / expand:

Back in the middle ages in Europe, lending money was considered “un-Christian” (Jesus, money-lenders in the temple, etc), so in many towns only non-Christians could operate money-lending [1]. Debt has always been a feature of society, and things fall apart if money doesn’t get lent.

It also happened that a lot of Christians preferred not to let Jewish people participate in the economy wherever possible, so to be Jewish was to make a living where Christians wouldn’t.

If that’s true, then it’s a bit fucking rich: on the one hand, my ancestors only allowed Jewish people the “unclean” work such as money-handling, and now we have people laughing about how much Jews love money (if they’re not spreading banking conspiracies).

[1] There are parallels in communities with Buddhists and Muslims living together - the Muslim butchers are popular among Buddhists who like meat but are prohibited from doing the actual killing.

27 Likes

It’s true. See also Jewish success in the entertainment industry, another type of work that was considered disreputable by good upstanding Christians.

ETA: see also the various attempts to limit the enrollment of Jewish “eggheads” in prestigious American universities in the first half of the 20th century

22 Likes

Yes, Joe Rogan is clearly the oppressed and persecuted party here.

You know that this is a blog and not an official news outlet, right?

31 Likes

You’ve only partially quoted. The next word after “incel” was “influencer”. Rogan’s influence on incels is not in dispute.

:thinking:

27 Likes

Kinda like how bigoted White folks still get all pissy about Black History Month, or HBCU’s or BET*; all of which only exist because White society excluded Black folks from history books, from attending the same colleges, and from being on television for decades.

Fuckin’ hypocrites.

*Not that I have watched that station since they sold out back when I was still a 20-something college student.

27 Likes

It isn’t, actually, because how I perceive other people’s emotions is something new to me. I can see how my direct tone might have come across. I’m learning about context in long overdue ASD support sessions.

Glad I could learn a lesson here, though, which is “get called an asshole racist immediately, then memes.”

“You can’t criticize Rogan’s bigoted comments unless you listen to at least one full season of The Joe Rogan Experience and buy at least three of the products he advertises!”

25 Likes