Joe Rogan says Jews are "into money" like Italians are "into pizza"

So you’re actually the persecuted party here, and not Joe Rogan?

17 Likes

I’m not sure how someone could be a regular BoingBoing reader and not know about systemic racism and White privilege. But, apparently, it’s possible. Unlikely, but possible.

No Way Bird GIF

17 Likes

Unless they’re the same person? I mean, the name spells out “Joe Rogan Luvs U”, and I don’t think he loves anyone but himself. :thinking:

12 Likes

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

I didn’t see any comments here calling you racist. Some indicated you might be, I guess fortunately, blind to or able to ignore the impacts of racism. That’s a different thing.
The fact that, to all appearances, you came into a thread about a known and influential bigot and complained about being reminded of his existence, then when you were informed how lucky you are to live a life that lets you forget he exists while others here have to fear for their lives based on what him and asshats like him are spreading, then flipped that being informed into victimization, well, kind of proving the point. :grimacing:

23 Likes

or certain ap courses :crying_cat_face:

17 Likes

In addition to that, after centuries of persecution, Jews were more into jobs where you could pack and move with your family on short notice.
So they preferred “service” jobs, like physicians, lawyers, and money lenders.

11 Likes

Clearly Joe Rogan is into money too…

Thinking Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

13 Likes

Baddiel might not be the best responder.

5 Likes

Joe who? Can we talk about RAIN? DAY-UM! Korean rap is killing it. Almost makes me forget about last Summers onslaught of Spanish/Caribbean rap from my neighbors across the street. Fortunately it was only on weekends but they cranked the stuff up way past 11. Window rattling volume.

That song actually became a meme in Korea because it was ridiculous posturing gangsta nonsense.

2 Likes

This reminds me of a cycling joke.

So, a minor hack one can use if one suffers tire damage on the road severe enough to compromise the tire’s integrity (say, a separation of the sidewall material from the bead) is to slip a dollar bill between the tire and the tube in the affected area, have it act as a tire boot. Then reinflate.

And, of course, a $5 bill works 5 times better than a $1, and a $20, well, diminishing returns set in by then, but maybe 10x better.

8 Likes

I once wound up using part of a credit card to do that. Can’t remember what my credit limit was back then… :laughing:

8 Likes

Aww, there used to be list for that.

11 Likes

There’s got to be some clause in his contract that they could exercise to quell this anti-semitic rhetoric!

Does Spotify still subsidise his garbage?

1 Like

Now that UK notes are plastic, I wonder if this use case represents an actual good reason for the plastic notes existing?

1 Like

As far as I know… I don’t use spotify, and even if I did, I certainly wouldn’t give his shit a listen… :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

It looks to me that Baddiel only apologised to clear the decks for his obnoxious opinions.

1 Like

A lot of David Baddiel’s old stuff looks bad now.

I think I know why Rob Newman went from doing shows with him to hating him.

Still, I think I would side with him against Joe Rogan. It’s a temporary alliance.

7 Likes

At least his new rubbish isn’t intended to be funny.