John Delaney drops out of presidential race

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/31/john-delaney-drops-out-of-pres.html

3 Likes

It’s amazing and infuriating that Delaney, a guy who should have dropped out after Liz Warren nuked him from space in the first debate, was even in this race nominally to this point, after more likeable and popular contestants like Harris and Castro dropped out months ago.

12 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ve ever heard about this guy before now. And I’ve been following the Dem presidential race more closely than many Americans!

13 Likes

I appreciate the handy link to edit the post but my login isn’t working. Little help?

1 Like

Now is perfectly cromulent word – unless he’s going for that Replicant farewell thing?

7 Likes

fear and loathing

7 Likes

You mean he was still running? :sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

6 Likes

And nothing of value was lost…

7 Likes

guardians-of-galaxy-who

(jk, but seriously… he was still in?)

20 Likes

John, please take Bloomberg & Biden with you.

13 Likes

Who? I legit never heard of this guy until just now.

2 Likes

i actually had nothing against the guy, but that’s the problem – i had nothing against him because he didn’t make much of an impression on me either way. he was just there. that being said, i do think he’s doing the right thing now, on the eve of the Iowa caucus. he seemed like a nice enough guy, but he just wasn’t a standout this time.

3 Likes

From his Wikipedia entry:
Delaney has said he would support increasing the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 23 percent “to raise about $200 billion for infrastructure”*

8 Likes

He was my congressman until he decided to run for president. Didn’t know anything about him then, still don’t know anything about him now. There aren’t many candidates whose campaigns were more invisible than his.

4 Likes

John Delaney, aka the Human Thumb, made his own millions in, I believe, for-profit healthcare before investing in his own campaign to be YAM (Yet another Moderate) and get pants-ed in every poll and debate until now. If God has other plans for him, I think we should check if God, too, is reading the same polls. He’s Amy Klobuchar with less hair and without the ‘appeal’ of being a lame moderate in a dress.

If he cared about this election, he’d give some of his millions ot FairFight2020. He won’t.

5 Likes

He was in the race :interrobang:

4 Likes

I live in Maryland where Delaney is relatively well known, and even I forgot he was still running!

2 Likes

Whew!! I first read that as john Mulaney drops out of presidential race. That would have been awful!

4 Likes

When I first saw the headline, my mind joke “Who?”, then I read his quote referring to God’s Plan and I thought “Good riddance with your medieval decision making, we have too much of that crap in DC already.”

3 Likes

It is more like pantheism. God is everywhere, including in the beings of the hundreds of millions of registered American voters who see what he has to offer and want none of it.

3 Likes