Jordan Klepper speaks to anti-mask parents at Madison Caldwell's protest, revealing idiocracy at its finest

Originally published at: Jordan Klepper speaks to anti-mask parents at Madison Caldwell's protest, revealing idiocracy at its finest | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Choose between zits or death? And the qnuts choose death, I did nazi that coming…

24 Likes

I keep hoping for for one of the guys who work in the garage near my office to call me a “sheeple” because I show up to work in a mask.

“Sheeple, huh? So, do you like to drink and drive? No? Sheeple!

16 Likes

Yeah… I just can’t watch…

15 Likes

The thing that keeps coming to my head is, was it really so different 100 years ago? Surely the man on the street has always been this ignorant, paranoid, self-serving, isolated, suspicious of change, fanatically religious, scared of the unknown, hostile to science and technology …

So in my mind I’m just blaming the Internet for providing platforms for these people to easily gather and reinforce and augment those beliefs. Truly All Gas, No Brakes.

13 Likes

f_c_book sticker on the back of the pickup…

3 Likes

While watching this I found myself looking at the protesters eyes. In my opinion they appear to be “unburdened by the thought process*.”

And then this popped into my head:
Quint: Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark… he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be living… until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’.

*credit to Car Talk

19 Likes

About people not recognizing Klepper: I’ve seen some of his videos where some of the crowd at one of these events did recognize him. They shouted stuff at him, like “Klepper, you suck!” but didn’t seem to interfere with him. At least, not that you could tell from the edited video. They probably shoot hours of video and edit it down to the few minutes that we see. I’ve always thought it would be interesting to see the rest of it.

2 Likes

They’d all be in for school dress codes though …

7 Likes

There are also some parents that “literally” follow the “science” but end up being super defensive about their kids because of it:

Masks don’t protect you, they protect others!
“Why should my child wear a mask? Is there something WRONG with them? Is there something WRONG WITH MY CHILD? If not, why should they wear a mask? Are you saying I’m a Bad Parent? I have a Faulty Child? Then what are you saying because there is nothing wrong with MY CHILD!”

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 17.47.00

Thank you, America, for keeping your fuckwits to yourselves on this occasion. :wink:

29 Likes

I believe that, while many people wore masks during the 1919 flu pandemic, and there are photos to prove it, However, I’m sure I read recently that there were also many who refused to wear them as well.

2 Likes

The difference was the paranoid and ignorant weren’t as well-organized, nor was there a machine that would crank this stuff out 24 hours a day.

It used to be that to disseminate information like this even 30 years ago, you either had a cable access show that ran at 2:30 in the morning, or you placed an ad on the back page of a local weekly so you could mail a 10th generation xerox of your manifesto if they sent you a self-addressed stamped envelope. Now all you need is Twitter or Facebook.

11 Likes

Here’s a couple photos and news bits…

13 Likes

Not only were there people who refused to mask up during the 1918 flu pandemic, there were NEWSPAPER CARTOONS mocking people who refused to mask up during the 1918 flu pandemic.

38 Likes

I :heart: Everett True.

8 Likes

Sigh. It just isn’t funny anymore. Now it is sad and scary.

4 Likes

Regarding “the funk”: this is clearly a case of the shitter can’t smell her own stink.

Pardon the “foul” language.

1 Like

Nope!

Yep!

You betcha!

And they were violent, too!

The source:

Sorry for the amp link, but BI is paywalled.

6 Likes

1 Like