Jordan Peterson's bizarre 'Twitter suit'

Fuck Jordan Peterson.

This is my take-away from this post…

Words to live by.

8 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a reverse class action - one plaintiff with millions of defendents? :thinking:

6 Likes

I can’t even begin to express the devastation and disappointment I’m experiencing right now.

I was fully expecting that to be an all singing and dancing cover of ‘Holding Out for a Hero’ by Peterson. I mean for fuck’s sake he’s wearing a fedora! What else could it be!

No, instead I got a dose of this whiny-voiced dweeb and his horseshit emasculation shtick.

Fuck this guy!

8 Likes

Speaking of unhinged right-wing Men’s Rights Activist assholes on Twitter, I just heard about this amusing tiff between “Dilbert” cartoonist Scott Adams (who hopped on the MAGA train in 2016 and never looked back) and arguably-more-skilled-artist but even-more-unhinged-political-cartoonist Ben Garrison, who drew a cartoon attacking Adams because Adams got vaccinated against Covid-19 back before the MAGA crowd decided it was a bad thing.

12 Likes

That is a lovely thought…especially if that little horse girl and her horse grow up and burst from said misogynist’s chest like the facehugger from Alien.

13 Likes

More recently, Big Sky on ABC and Dispatches from Elsewhere on AMC have both featured trans main characters portrayed by trans women.

6 Likes

Also, the Cowboy Bebop live-action version and the reboot of Quantum Leap feature the wonderful Mason Alexander Park.

6 Likes

Aren’t they ‘Desire’ in the ‘Sandman’ series also?

4 Likes

Never Mind Oh Dear GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

6 Likes

I think it’s just “fuck you” repeated.

4 Likes

Wow, this is definitely a Let Them Fight situation. From your attached article, a quote from Adams:

how many of you stopped following me or buying Dilbert products because you believe I was pro-mask and pro-vaccination.

His claimed legal basis for the suit is that he lost business for being portrayed as pro-vax. That’s a level of delusion that is hard to fathom. I guarantee he’s lost an order of magnitude more for being an MRA alt-right tool of the highest order. Every single person I know that followed him stopped as that stuff all came out.

MAGA really is a cult.

11 Likes

I know, just wasn’t going to let that opportunity pass - some of the Fs look enough like Ts.

I should have added an /s

3 Likes

Besides which, if “unflattering depiction in a political cartoon” was a legally actionable basis for a defamation suit then political cartoonists would have been sued out of existence centuries ago.

Adams is one of those assholes who fancies himself a Very Smart Person who therefore has a better understanding of how the legal system works than actual lawyers do.

12 Likes

The third season of Umbrella Academy had Elliot Page’s character transition, to mirror Elliot Page’s real-life transition.

11 Likes

But oh, so different. (It’s a Canadian thing embarrassment, you won’t have heard of him.)

7 Likes

I did not, as I don’t follow hockey (I barely follow any sports, honestly, which is ironic since I started the sportsball thread).

I think it’s just “fuck you” and as I linked above, he has publicly supported Trump… MMA seems to be a hotbed of toxic masculinity, so…

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

I really hope all these fuckers who jumped on the MAGA trump train get what they deserve (to whither away into obscurity, unless they actively participated in the insurrection attempt, then jail).

8 Likes

queue reaction s GIF

12 Likes

9 Likes

I’ll check it out!

3 Likes

5 Likes