Josh Mandel is the most idiotic robot running for Senate in Ohio, making him GQP's frontrunner

Originally published at: Josh Mandel is the most idiotic robot running for Senate in Ohio, making him GQP's frontrunner | Boing Boing

8 Likes

The most? That’s quite the claim as the bar seems to be continually lowered every day.

20 Likes

I am so sick of these people. Living here in this country in this time is like living in an infinite nightmare loop.

22 Likes

Big mouth with nothing to say. That’s on brand for the Qnuts.

14 Likes

I’m not watching that, it’ll make me dumber.

28 Likes

Agree. I’ve seen it start with “moral majority” idiots, with their satanic panic, and repeating every few years. I’m sure it goes back farther than that. This seems like a repeat of the american-german bund.

14 Likes

I don’t think this person really knows anything of the teachings of Judeo-Christ.

I could write a good-sized pamphlet about that dang term and the people who find it useful

6 Likes

My mother as dementia set in became a wildly devoted Trumpist: anti-Semitic, bigoted, lied all the time and etc. Funny thing was, she’d previously voted for Obama.

A few months before cancer took her away she remarked that she should run for office as it looked easy to her. Now I know: a good solid case of dementia and the capacity to parrot a few lines of gibberish will take you far in today’s GQP.

23 Likes

“It was Stolen, I tell you! By all those people who voted! We have to stop these people voting!”

15 Likes

The more I hear of Republican allegiance to “God, Guns, and Trump” the more I begin to doubt the first two.

8 Likes

That is exactly accurate, for a certain value of these people.

12 Likes

Why is BB giving this clown any national/global exposure at all?

1 Like

Because, for like the billionth time, you don’t deal with authoritarians by ignoring them. You instead show them for exactly what they are to the public. We’ve ignored these elements in our society for decades now, and this is where that has gotten us. :woman_shrugging: We can no longer afford a strategy that does not work, and in fact only makes the problem worse.

16 Likes

I ignored Joe Rogan. Now he has the largest podcast.

I may need to rethink that strategy. Doing nothing didn’t clean my bathroom either.

19 Likes

While I agree that authoritarians must be exposed, the problem is that the RW media does not expose them. Only the more liberal mainstream media does. That means that the people who most need to see the lies and corruption don’t. People who watch Fox, OAN, America First, etc. live in that bubble and never see any info that exposes the authoritarians for what they are. I know I’m stating the obvious for this crowd.

3 Likes

There is no “convincing” the pathologically delusional. They will never be convinced. They cannot be persuaded by facts, reason, logic, love or anything else. These are people who have crossed the threshold. Lost causes, the lot of them. They simply have to be defeated at all costs. This is a death cult that has already embraced suicide and the only thing to do is to overpower them so they stop killing other people.

14 Likes

That doesn’t mean we should not be aware of them. Knowledge of what they are doing and how bad they’ve become is a powerful tool.

I stand by my statement that ignoring them is not an option, as it merely exacerbates the problem, which is precisely what we’ve been in the past 30 or so years.

9 Likes

Fixed your post for ya. :slight_smile: <3

1 Like

Because sunlight is the best disinfectant.

14 Likes

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

9 Likes