Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposes gag order on Roger Stone, can no longer speak publicly about the investigation or case

Indeed:

6 Likes

And he walks. Too bad.

Noted is the explanation of Stone’ phone being used by many persons. A test case for trump perhaps. We all know he doesn’t write half of what is Tweeted.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why anyone could so urgently require all this information in near-real-time.

Can you really ask for a better demonstration that maybe trying to pump information out onto Twitter and Instagram as fast as possible without considerable forethought is a recipe for disaster? When a wayward background graphic or misspelling or off-the-cuff remark is likely to bring catastrophe?

1 Like

That’s an awfully polite way to put it.

12 Likes

Newscasters talk about ongoing stories all the time. I think this is not that much different – both leave records.

4 Likes

Trump is trying to delegitimize Roberts … and FOX has referred to the SCOTUS as the Kavanaugh Court, already.

1 Like

A Nixon punk who never learned anything from what happened to Nixon.

8 Likes

Roger is quickly going to realize that the court of public opinion and actual court are two different things.

14 Likes

Nothing personal against Roberts. Trump is trying to delegitimize the concept of law.

21 Likes

Buddy, your whole career is a stupid, egregious error.

13 Likes

Anyone taking bets on how long it’ll be before he violates the gag order and ends up back before Judge Jackson? I suspect Stone has the same problem as Ron White – the right to remain silent but not the ability.

12 Likes

A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river.
The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown.
Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both.

When the frog asks the scorpion why, the scorpion replies that
it was in its nature to do so .

11 Likes

I hope he likes prison food.

6 Likes

Let it be said. Let it be written.

3 Likes

He was warned, yet he persisted.

And I hope he keeps persisting in being a hard headed asshole who doesn’t know how to shut his pie-hole, all the way to prison.

30 Likes

If I see him trying to make a comment in this thread, he’s in so much trouble.

17 Likes

We really should start thinking about a national reserve of whiskey and popcorn. Shit ain’t infinite.

I find it ludicrous that some people get made at others for saying things on the internet and in the media about how Trump and his merry band of jackasses are shooting themselves in the collective and individual foot. These fuckers are loaded. If they’re not going to take the advice of their own lawyers, there is precisely zero danger they are going to be clued in by pundits and Legal Twitter!

7 Likes

I found the image source here - https://patriots4truth.org/2018/10/08/remember-mao-tze-tung-loving-communist-anita-dunn/

Take a snapshot and post - I’m not giving those assholes any clicks.

21 Likes

The legal system has a lot of problems, but one of the joys it does sometimes bring is when arrogant assholes like Stone, who think they’re so smooth and can talk their way out of anything, end up in front of a judge who:

a) has the power to make their life miserable; and
b) is absolutely not interested in listening to the stream of bullshit that has been spewing from their months for their entire lives.

Of course, there are assholes who sometimes manage to coast through court as well, and that sucks. But sometimes the stars align and we get this.

12 Likes