Judge Amy Berman Jackson imposes gag order on Roger Stone, can no longer speak publicly about the investigation or case

I see what etc.

1 Like

From the transcript:

[Stone]: “I let you down. I let myself down. I let my family down. I let my attorneys down.”

How? Weren’t any of these people paying attention to who you are?

10 Likes

I read that as spiritual self-inflation. Anthroposophy and Steiner… smh.

3 Likes

ROGOW: Yes, sir – yes, ma’am. I’m sorry.

ad-borderline-attorneys-6

EDIT: Four different law offices, in two different cities? I’m guessing that’s not as unusual as one might presume.

2 Likes

I like this one:

I mean that’s some serious Zen shit right there.

5 Likes

I’m wondering why she didn’t throw the book at him. Maybe she’s giving him enough rope? Or maybe it’s so – if and when Stone appeals his conviction – the gov’t can say “hey, we tried to be lenient with him, even after he violated the order?”

1 Like

It’s also the sun cross.

Which is also used by the KKK.

1 Like

LOL! they changed the image yet again.

1 Like

They figured adding a skull and crossbones made it less threatening, eh?

4 Likes

Oh dear. I suddenly recall the Red Cross sometimes gets uppity about these things.

Wouldn’t the second-simplest solution just to use a plain white background? The simplest solution would of course be to take down the image, and the accompanying text, and maybe the rest of the website.

Maybe, rather than jumping to “occult symbol” or “Celtic cross”, one could at least try saying it’s a recticle for a zoom lens or a telescope or something? Not that I’d want to try.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the second-simplest solution just to use a plain white background?

We are not talking about the brightest bulbs around. You could just keep the Corruption Central remove the toxic bit and the cross-hairs and just be toned down to Fox News level of asshatery.

2 Likes

It’s not a dog whistle if we can all hear it. I know that nobody knows you’re a dog on the internet, but trust me, I’m not. And I can hear it. It’s not coded, it’s not hinted at, it’s in plain sight and it doesnt give a shit. Sorry to quibble on a topic I’m sure we are both on the same side as each other on, but let’s stop pretending these people are covertly signalling. They’re out and proud, and the only benefit this provides is that at least it gets clearer who needs a punch in the face. (On the principle ithat this is the only sane response when faced with a Nazi.)

Edited for typos

2 Likes

Seconded.
(Apparently my earlier lengthy post about this and a reply to another’s reply about it, got flagged as off-topic. They had a few likes and clearly a number of regular readers/commenters feel the same. But it aint gonna change, and if comment on the whys and wherefores is too distracting, well I’ll bow to the consensus. They’re deleted now. The other follow-ups remain for now, but it’s bedtime so who knows if I’ll find them gone in the morning. Sweet dreams, all.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.