Judge threatens to send Alina Habba to jail, then Trump walks out of court

While your point still holds, this was a civil trial not a criminal one.

18 Likes

he’ll also storm out when the verdict is read.

5 Likes

She acts like a lawyer in a TV show rather than one in a courtroom. TV court dramas are full of last minute “gotcha” moments in the way that real courtrooms aren’t. She acts like this because her real audience isn’t the Judge or the Jury. It’s Trump. She’d love to win the case, but that isn’t really in the cards. She is really trying to get a spot in the next Trump administration. She is angling to prove loyalty by acting like Trump thinks she should. After years of being thwarted in his worst impulses by “The adults in the room,” he is prioritizing loyalty and slavish devotion over any kind of competence.

That said, I’d bet that like Trump, she actually IS just as stupid as she appears to be, It’s not that they are playing 5 dimensional chess, but they know how to read the room and are always looking for another opportunity to suck up and shit down.

16 Likes

The option to holding him accountable has not been holding him accountable. That has not worked well. This is one of several legal challenges he’s facing. The more pressure on him, the greater the economic damage, the less money, time and effort he has for politics and corruption. He has some jiu jitsu skills of milking the outrage, but a man who pretends to have 10 billion dollars can only milk so much outrage of being forced to pay less than a percent of his alleged worth. Every dollar he spends on this is one less dollar for ads.

ETA: coming forward and beating him in court also shows it can be done. This will encourage others, in criminal and civil cases.

5 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

:musical_note:Wishin’ and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’
Plannin’ and dreamin’ that fate does do harm
That delivers the Kar –
– ma!

3 Likes

The whole thing is a clown act. Every instance of contempt of court should add an extra zero to the award damage and threat of disbarment. He and his clown lawyer will stop this shit until the amount reach over their total net worth or they’re behind bar.

6 Likes

Just another episode of the dogshit and ponyshit show, and a Friday cliffhanger. Tune in next week when the Gilded Turd says “Magnets cause blindness like no one has ever seen before. Make America Hate Again. Which hunt?”

2 Likes

I find it by turns irritating or amusing that even though he uses the term witch hunt all the time, he doesn’t seem to know what the term MEANS. He thinks that he is being targeted for frivolous crimes or being falsely accused because “they” hate him. That’s NOT a witch hunt. By contrast, a witch hunt is when people are so desperate to blame SOMEBODY that they don’t care who is they charge.

6 Likes

Habba is so bad at this. I hope she’s proud lawyers all over the country are laughing at her.

10 Likes

Exponential fines. Double the fine on each interruption or antic. 2000, 4000, 8000, 16000…1024000,2048000…billion

9 Likes

I could not agree more! I never before knew that a public figure could arouse such fury in me. Every time WITCH HUNT! appears it makes my blood boil. I get so mad my ears get hot, which for me is very rare occurrence otherwise. The misapplication of the claim and the fact that everyone tolerates it aggrieves me to no end. Further, no one wants to stand up for witches and witchery, thanks to centuries of unmerited vilification by evangelists and demagogues. It saddens me. I’m not being sarcastic or deliberately provocative by saying that. Seriously.

7 Likes

Jury has reached a decision.

Ketchup bottles shutter and shake…

$83.3 million!

Better get a cashier’s check from him before he leaves.

12 Likes

Can he even pay a $20 million fine without selling off assets? His money is tied up in real estate that he undervalues for tax and overvalues when he’s using it as collateral for loans.

4 Likes

Judge’s advice (to) jurors: “Never disclose that you were on this jury”

JHC

11 Likes

He is absolutely right

11 Likes

Do we care? Are we caring about that?

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

17 Likes

Yeah if anything the kind of judicial abuse he’s alleging (imagining, really) would be better described as a “Drumhead Trial” or “Kangaroo Court.” Not that I would expect him to know the difference.

4 Likes

I don’t think the amount matters. I think the true question, just like with other rich assholes (alex jones), is will he pay the fine?
Or will he drag out the process forever and ever and never pay it, but martyr himself so that his cult further deifies him.

2 Likes