Just look at the diversity in this Paul Ryan selfie!

Dude, there’s as many minorities on The White Album (2) as there are in that photo.

2 Likes

Well. . . if you wanted to get some dirt on the GOP, being a GOP intern in DC might be a good way.

And the GOP probably knows this. . . .

2 Likes

Depending on the district and candidate, they don’t really have to be all that spectacular of connections. They usually try to hire kids from their districts. If you are from a low population district, it’s a lot easier. (Which may be another reason the kids are all white.)

Also, an ex-girlfriend of mine was a congressional intern in 1999. She was definitely getting a stipend then.

2 Likes

Congress exempted itself from the Fair Labor Standards Act, which sets forth rules for internships, but [a few members choose to pay their interns.] (How the Senate Exploits Unpaid Interns - The Atlantic) (Including Bernie, natch!)

4 Likes

it is a really bad photo so it is hard to tell, but i see:

I agree worst waldo game yet…sad.

also, trying to classify each person in the photo left me with a yucky feeling…i don’t want to play this game ever again.:sob:

such a shame.

17 Likes

Er… I think I see them.

It really is like the world’s most milquetoast version of Where’s Waldo?

Liked for adding in Waldo.

:heart:

``

10 Likes

Clones!!

You got me, but the GOP somehow managed to get a bunch of young women on board so it wouldn’t be without precedent.

3 Likes

You have to ask what happens, given the last year or so?

Ha! There are plenty of people who can’t afford to work in DC with pay!

4 Likes

Regardless of the lack-of-diversity point of the post, this is one ugly, disturbing photograph. Ugh.

2 Likes

Yeah, good point. Where’s Billy Preston?

2 Likes

And everyone is blonde, and everyone is beautiful.
And when blonde and beautiful are multiplied,
they become so dull and dutiful.
(The Beautiful South, Rotterdam)

PS: I wanted to check the quote, and here was where I found it. Not quite on topic, but nice.

https://xandradurward.wordpress.com/?s=blonde+and+beautiful

3 Likes

Looks like he or she is trying to hide. Frankly, can’t blame her or him.

1 Like

Maybe he was playing WhiteMan Go? Collect them all!

2 Likes

And why would a person of color even want to intern let alone work for Paul Ryan’s office?

3 Likes

Oh cool, you found a colorized version of this one. I hadn’t known it existed!

9 Likes

I see a lot of people of color in the picture. Possibly the same as their actual percentage of the population. Ryan had one, maybe two.

2 Likes

Ryan violated rule number one of Republican media - ALWAYS put your people of color in prominent positions. If there are two in an arena of 10,000 people, they MUST be positioned behind the speaker.

5 Likes

@frauenfelder, Paul Ryan is a Congress Critter - not a Senator. He is Speaker of the House of Representatives.