Justifying police violence, Trump lies about Buffalo man bleeding from ear after police attack

“He fell harder than he was pushed”?

A body can land hard. A body can hit the ground hard. I do not think a body can “fall hard”.

If El Dorito means the gentleman landed harder than he was pushed, that is to be expected. We call that ‘gravity’. Assuming a body is not accelerated to terminal velocity by the push, it will accelerate towards the ground.

And I am uncertain the side effect if the push did accelerate the person to terminal velocity, but I am quite certain it would be lethal. I also suspect it would be very, very messy.

edit: clarified the acceleration.

16 Likes

There are 4 lights!

20 Likes

Just finished watching “The Man in the High Castle” last night and it is uncanny how closely the MAGA cult mirrors the US Nazi’s. Also, if you look closely at the video, Mr. Gugino was simply trying to be a good citizen and return a riot helmet to the cops.

4 Likes

That’s not how it works.

IBT is owned by a pseudo-Christian cult.

10 Likes

Here’s what I don’t get about that particular conspiracy theory. If it really did go down the way it did; there would have to be a ton of people being involved including the 3 camera people who shot the incident, the guys who set up that stupid bleeding mask that ran to the ear prop that would have to work perfectly the first and only time for those 3 videos from different angles, 20 police officers, the police union who would have to be okay with being vilified in front of a international audience, the ER surgeons & hospital staff who attended to his injuries and the national guard troops who have to perform “pretend first aid” on him. All of that effort done in a medium-small city and not in a major city where it would end up being an even bigger story and something that technically and logistically complex pulled off in less than 2 weeks.

It’s an impressively stupid theory.

19 Likes

Sadly, neither party has an incentive to remove him at this point. Any republican breaking ranks knows Trump will weaponize his base against them, and the Dems are more than happy with the threat of four more years pushing people to vote for Creepy Uncle Joe.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter what his affiliations, or intent, or background were. Unless he was doing something to cause immediate harm at that moment (he wasn’t), there is no justification for the way he was brutally attacked and then denied care immediately after.

10 Likes

Today is the day Donald Trump finally became President. /s

12 Likes

I realize it’s completely made up but what tech would even theoretically allow for someone to scan police communications and black them out?

3 Likes

standard “crisis actor” story

10 Likes

I’d like to see if Trump falls harder than he is pushed, but I would be willing to settle for just seeing Trump fall.

8 Likes

“after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment”

This is like the pizzagate folks interpreting “pizza” and “donuts” to be code words for specific sex acts based on nothing but their own desire for them to be such.

See also: pyrite, a.k.a. “fool’s gold”

5 Likes

how does it work?

There isn’t the technical ability to get anything actionable by waving a cell phone over police gear is there? That seems the weirdest, but also the most interesting part that the techies might know about

3 Likes

All the "could have"s and "appeared to"s are a nice way to avoid allegations you made any factual claims in the inevitable defamation suit. But then he completely loses track of what he was doing in the last couple sentences when he makes specific factual claims. Of course, right wing pundits will point to the “could have” and “appeared to” as proof that he’s just asking questions.

3 Likes

5G

(with a few extra characters for comment length)

1 Like

Beats me. Was he trying to attack the encrypted trunking system, Bluetooth, or what?

It sounds like what a technoob would come up with after watching Mr Robot.

Also, I doubt a plain phone could do anything without at least a software defined radio stick attached.

5 Likes

Before people jump to conclusions, I want to remind you that Trump is the best at the Cyber. When he says that the protester was about to use his pulse scanner to reverse the polarity of the police communications server, we should trust his expertise.

16 Likes

I mean, it wouldn’t do the scanning part, but it’s entirely possible to build handheld EMP devices following readily available instructions on the internet.

1 Like

It was 25th Amendment time the instant that Mass Murderer Trump (then only Traitor Trump) broke the law by taking the oath of office as president while flagrantly violating the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution.

3 Likes