Karen Pence teaches at school that bans LGBTQ kids and staff: Report

Covered in the article.

8 Likes

Like that even matters.

I meant here on BB, where it seems inevitable that same old tired and fallacious arguments will resurface again and again, no matter how often they get disproven.

11 Likes

This is quite the buried lede!

9 Likes

I hope his name is on Mueller’s report, so they can go together.

6 Likes

“… homosexual or lesbian sexual activity…”

Or?

3 Likes

In Mike Pence’s case, this cuts a wide swathe across the internet, including, but not limited to, the online catalog for The Talbots, online biographies of Phyllis Schlafly, and billygraham,org.

4 Likes

I don’t see any flagged posts, so I assume they already showed up to make a stink, locked the thread, and it all got cleaned up.

6 Likes

Bingo.

8 Likes

Or, and, and/or, all of the above…

It’s hard to cover all the permutations and combinations of abominations in a short application form. Let’s just say Man top/Wife bottom* is acceptable, everything else is not.

*No, no, not “wife bottom” like that. Perv.

6 Likes

I’d like to thank the Vice President’s wife for making a important point:

A sane, functioning society has to not have private, charter or religious schools. Period.

Schooling, as it is a person’s best introduction to civilization and society, is too important to be left in the hands of fanatics, elitists, plutocrats, tech-libertarians and racists. Every child should go to a public, secular school.

If it’s important to you that your child have certain religious beliefs, you can cover that with them on the weekends. If it’s important to you that your child be around others of their own race, you’re a horrible person. If it’s important to you that your child have a $45,000 education, you have too much damn money that you should be paying more taxes on.

But as a student, everyone should go to the same type of school. Everyone. It’s equal, and it teaches equity.

As a side note, the nation in the world with the best education outcomes? Finland.
Finland doesn’t have Private or Charter or Religious schools.

Again, if you want t run a school that doesn’t allow another human being to attend based not on behavior or capability but creed and belief? That’s not a school. It’s a racist/homophobic/narrow-minded abomination that should be burned to the ground and the ashes sown with salt. Like many American problems, you can solve this one in five minutes and two sentences, and we don’t, and we won’t.

The fact that Karen Pence is taking this job isn’t surprising; the fact this job exists for her to take is.

11 Likes

I’m trying to imagine the punchline that Jenny would give on “Jokes Seth Can’t Tell”… something about banning hockey?

3 Likes

I kept thinking that but then somebody bashed the bottom out of the barrel.
It’s like those Russian dolls man, except it’s barrels all the way down!

2 Likes

Some can’t.

4 Likes

I vow to be an “imitator of Christ” – I’m going to drink shit tons of wine with sailors and prostitutes and become a “fisher of men”…

3 Likes

They really do.
I just don’t buy that Pence would be worse.
It’s the kind of thing that people think once and then don’t think about again.
I might have thought it once too but now I know so much more about barrel bottoms and Russian dolls.

3 Likes

We can only hope that it blows up in their faces like that, but I’m getting to jaded to maintain hope that it will.

Its amazing to think one dude, half a world away, 20 centuries ago, inspires such muddled bullshit. Still, I guess it could be worse: Karen Pence’s employer could be lining us all up and murdering us for our insufficient purity.

1 Like

A life with no hope isn’t really living.

2 Likes

What a lovely little thread this seemed to be.

You missed out on the now-banned user’s typically Xtianist “love and compassion” for LGBTQ people, as well as his immediate return under a new account to further spam his message until that was quickly banned as well.

6 Likes