Students accused of racist attack at private school where Karen Pence teaches

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/27/students-accused-of-racist-att.html

9 Likes

Great to see that middle school kids are as horrible as I remember, and access to wealth and an elite education doesn’t make them better. And by “great,” I mean “goddamned abominable.”

27 Likes

36 Likes

They were reprimanded because it was the wrong kind of bigoted violence. If the victim was gay, then the school would consider it perfectly acceptable.

14 Likes

I wonder if Karen Pence only goes in when she feels like it and insists that her students call her “Mother.”

9 Likes

If you’d like to give the school some feedback:

phone (703) 941-1220
fax (703) 563-3772
emailadmissions@icsva.org

Main Campus (K-8) 6915 Braddock Road / Springfield, VA 22151
(this would be where

would ostensibly be attending school.)

But to be thorough, and in case you wish to emphasize that abusive behavior has no place in any school, much less a so-called Christian school, here’s their high school info: High School 5252 Cherokee Avenue / Alexandria, VA 22312

ETA: After I called the main campus, I was told all feedback no matter which campus it’s about should be directed to their “main number” so save yourself the extra work. I made sure to email them, because I want a time-date stamp in case this is going to be on public record later. And oh lookit, people can schedule a visit to their campus: https://www.icsva.org/admissions/visitus/

13 Likes

Call me back when the kids have been expelled.
Then call me back again when the parents take legal action against the school for expelling their innocent boys. Then it’ll be popcorn time.
Not holding my breath for the first of those to happen, BTW.

7 Likes

Based on precedent, I suspect the victim will get expelled for ruining those rich, white boys’ lives.

22 Likes

Tweet today from a terribly headlined story (Pence is pretty damned scrutable, thanks) about Pence. Tbh the reported unhappiness here is well-deserved:

14 Likes

Guess who would get expelled if it was three black six-graders who cut white girl’s hair.

11 Likes

Expelled? They can do worse than that.

15 Likes

The school fosters just the kind of “Christian values” I’d associate with the Pences.

19 Likes

She’s not able to stay for lunch because the cafeteria is full of people she’s not married to.

5 Likes

Don’t be silly, there’s no problem with Karen Pence lunching with men because she’s a woman, and women don’t have carnal interests. The whole thought of it is really quite shameful.

ETA: A sad /s that shouldn’t be necessary but I know in my heart it is.

20 Likes

School based on bigotry exhibits bigoted behavior - what a shocker! One type of bigotry so easily slides into another…

15 Likes

And of course children of parents who would send their kids to a school that exhibits bigoted behaviour…

It takes a village.

14 Likes

Yeah, he did that… And was fired.

As he should be. This one cop getting fired though doesn’t mean other children of color are not at risk any more of ridiculous levels of aggression.

Especially if this particular cop just gets hired at the next closest school since problem cops tend to just get shuffled around rather than removed from positions of power they are not able to handle responsibly.

9 Likes

The first thing I will say is that this parallels a story about Mitt Romney’s behavior at a Detroit private school…

6 Likes

And if I were to speculate, this is something authoritarian (and unethical) leaders do to figure out whether their followers will follow, i.e. STNG’s Kolvoord Starburst.

2 Likes