Keep up with the latest Twitter meltdown news at this site dedicated to monitoring Musk's daily f*ckups

What’s that supposed to mean?

10 Likes

It’s all good; my dark side even scares myself.
(One of my best friends IRL once joked that I’d be a ‘benign dictator’ if I was ever in any position of power.)

Still…

13 Likes

Michelle Gomez Wink GIF by Doctor Who

12 Likes

“With great power comes great temptation…”

I’m not too proud to say I probably couldn’t handle too much power. I’m not sure I could resist settling a few scores, and it’s more responsibility than I feel capable of.

But Galadriel passed the test, and I think you would too. :grin:

16 Likes

Absolutely.

Also:

Thanks, hon.

24 Likes

I mean that kind of money is like the One Ring and a King Kong-sized Monkey’s Paw combined. It’d be a rare individual who could safely handle it, without destroying themselves and wreaking wide destruction. (And I know I am certainly not one of those people.)

7 Likes

That’s probably a better way to putting it than implying somebody is an evil queen.

7 Likes

Galadriel never was an evil queen. She was wise enough to know that even if the ring were freely given, and accepted with the best of intentions, that would be the certain result, and turned it down.

It was meant as a caution, not a criticism, and I should have explained that.

10 Likes

… he could buy entire fitness chains for cheap right now, they’re still reeling from the pandemic

8 Likes

It’s not terribly surprising that exercise and healthy eating might not get too much more attractive with increasing wealth(past the, comparatively, low ceiling where you can have whatever you want prepared for your convenience and have access to exercise staff and equipment in your most preferred venue); you still need to endure the exercise and potentially eat things you don’t like all that much or refrain from ones you do.

What is a little more surprising is the distinct lack of apparent muscle. My understanding is that it’s pretty popular among wealthy aging dudes (and less wealthy ones, though they often get sucked into some fairly dubious ‘supplements’ because they don’t have the relevant medical access) to obtain a low testosterone diagnosis and start hitting the steroids. More legal and less risky than the stuff they pull in sports ‘medicine’, since it’s all by prescription and there’s no need to try to dodge WADA; and people commonly report that having the endocrine makeup of 30 years ago makes them feel bulkier and more energetic.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m an exhausted, sleep-deprived Alzheimer’s caregiver who can never leave the house, almost never gets to so much as take walks, has to eat junk food a lot of the time because I rarely am at the grocery store during the day, and works a part-time desk job… and Musk looks more like me than I do, even if he weren’t sucking in his gut. He doesn’t even have to go to the gym and do boring repetitive exercises, he could choose any city on Earth he pleases and have fun just exploring it as a tourist on foot, or set up some kind of crazy VR exercise game room, or get professional training and start running marathons or hiking the Appalachian Trail or something. It’s profane that his imagination is so tiny that all it contains is “be a troll on Twitter, build a dick rocket, and bully employees”.

21 Likes

I was just reading that Musk lost a bunch of weight - for which he credited a new drug, developed for those with diabetes. Having publicly endorsed this product for this off-label use, the rich are now buying it all up, so of course actual diabetics can’t get it.

Meanwhile, his extremely unhealthy habits have, if anything, gotten worse (with his performative self-abuse to set an example for Twitter employees), so he may be thinner, but he’s no healthier…

13 Likes

Based on an online survey, eh?

7 Likes

Thank you, I was trying to think of an example.

I wish you all the best, Handlyman.

20 Likes

That’s a very tough place to be in life, my friend; I wish there was something I could do or say to help.

17 Likes

ew ew ew ew ew

4 Likes

How long before Musk decrees that any post including the word “Mastodon” will result in the account making the post being banned?

9 Likes

Some billionaires have to settle for “Store-brand version of Patrick Stewart.”

Bezos

13 Likes

Pssh; he wishes.

He’s not even ‘knock-off Lex Luther.’

Point taken, though; he’s yet another person worth billions whose appearance is not nearly as “put together” as one might expect.

Life is weird.

11 Likes

tinder-vs-reality

19 Likes