Keeping it light -- what TV shows do you find unwatchable?

She’s a live action 1:1 copy of Lisa Simpson, and is shows.

1 Like

Doctors don’t get disbarred. They get stripped of their medical license and ejected from the academic organizations they are members of.

Wakefield wasn’t disbarred. He was stripped of his license and title. And now must rely on non-peer reviewed self publishing. Because he’s so evil that even the worst medical journals won’t accept him. He’s radioactive.

7 Likes

Wakefield the anti VAX fucker I want to see covered in flesh eating ants?

2 Likes

Caso Cerrado. Telemundo show that’s a mix of Oprah, Judge Judy, and Jerry Springer. To top it off it’s on twice a day.

And back when she was on, Nancy Grace’s show.

2 Likes

I am not driving trollies, and I know no one know his name because I seriously tried to find out his name many years ago for a story I wanted to pursue on real, but anonymous rebels, but the point is people waste their lives insulting people, getting worked up over nonsense that doesn’t matter. It’s easier to sink brain cells in a lie than employ them facing a truth, and fake entertainment mislabelled reality television is one of them.

You can get your nose out of joint all you want, but giving an audience to grifters is a life sink – just as thinking being a potty-mouth is going to make you sound less silly.

The very same.

1 Like

I want him charged for every damage up to and including medical malpractice related homicides, ethnics violations, and basically anything and everything along with that bitch jenny mcarthy for celeb endorsing that shit and giving it a megaphone.

1 Like

There is so much quackery out there, but I gotta say anti-vax and homeopathy are probably the worst in my view.

My brother and my dad have the flu right now. They’re goddamn miserable. Mom and I are fine though. Guess who got vaccinated (it took 10 minutes and was free.)?

Guess who’s a sore winner on this one?

7 Likes

Apologies for continuing to drtail but… One last thing.

3 Likes

At least it’s not pertussis:

If you think this kind of completely avoidable episode until your baby makes it or doesn’t is a good alternative to autism (WHICH ISN’T CAUSED BY VACCINES, WE’VE PROVEN IT BETTER THAN EVOLUTION AND THE AVERAGE SHAPE OF THE EARTH USING MOTHERFUCKING SATELLITES AND LASERS), then you’re too stupid and irresponsible to be a parent.

Good thing this topic is in #wrath

7 Likes

Anyway

Why is madoka magical a thing? It’s a bunch of little girls ‘punished’ by making ‘selfish’ wishes, pitted against each other, and are basically encouraged to become sociopaths so they don’t turn into mindless beasts and ‘win’ by way of the main girl BEGGING the asshat djinn cthuhlu creature stuffed animal to fix it.

Also the writer went on record as saying ‘I see something pure and I must destroy it.’

Like what you like but don’t act like this isn’t fucked up. There is no message of hope here. No unity. No forgiveness.

Oh and the reason stuffed abomination targets girls? ‘They generate more emotion and fall into dispair easier than boys.’

Just… … Just… …

3 Likes

It’s from the Funimation version of Crayon Shinchan. It uses the old show’s video but is re-edited and re-dubbed into something else. I guess like a video anagram?

1 Like

I dislike shinchan because cartoon network shitcanned cowboy bebop for… Kancho?

1 Like

Man. I’m getting tired running to each new goal post aren’t you?

Think I’ll go binge this seasons ANTM and do my part to bring about the downfall of humanity.

Edit to add: you know what show I really like and never watch but when I do even MrPants gets sucked in? Say Yes To the Dress. Its like love it or list it. You get invested and want them to pick the one you like. Perfect mindless 30min TV. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

For me, sometimes there are shows like Louie that I really enjoy, but can’t watch because they make me uncomfortable on some level. There are also shows like Mad Men that I watch because I hear they’re good, but I’m just not into them. I don’t see the appeal, but don’t dislike them. Also, pretty much any sitcom or police procedural is a show that I’ve watched, either because I liked it at the time or there was fuck all else on TV, and can tolerate it as long as I don’t think about what I’m watching. Finally, there are the reality TV shows and celebrity stuff and whatever that I’ve seen maybe a trailer for or maybe a few minutes of, but are very strongly not my deal.

1 Like

I don’t, but that category covers virtually everything on TV. The Expanse and Vikings is the entirety of my TV viewing these days.

1 Like

Most of the time, it’s appeasing family; if I’m visiting my parents, they have their favorite shows, but they also want Family Time, and want to share them with me. So I grit my teeth.

Or it’s appeasing friends – a good friend is a super-fan of Big Bang Theory (the kind of guy who wears Sheldon t-shirts and says “bazinga!” out of habit). If he wants to watch his show, the rest of us deal with it, while also pointing out (lightly) how much we hate it.

6 Likes

:confused:

What the hell, I’ll bite:

I see these magnets everywhere saying “support the troops”, but if people really supported the troops, why is the Unknown Soldier unknown?

See how what I just said made precisely zero sense?

Yes they do.

I don’t watch reality TV, although I do not begrudge people their guilty pleasures. I like other forms of entertainment that people consider to be lowbrow, but I don’t care what they think. It’s just a healthy release, and I can still concentrate on the stuff that matters in life without becoming a TV zombie. Pretty much anyone who watches television is the same way. They don’t automagically turn into TV zombies.

What you’re doing is the old “XYZ is a bad influence because I say so, therefore anyone who likes XYZ is destroying their life”. I’ve heard it about hip hop fans, gamers (board, tabletop RPG, LARP, and video gamers), sci-fi/fantasy geeks, TV watchers (you’re not the first) and even people with tattoos/piercings/funny hairstyles. I’m tired of it. It means nothing. It’s just empty noise.

If you have different tastes than someone, then you have different tastes. You’re not morally superior to them or vice versa. Leave it at that.

In other words:

10 Likes

I should also add that there’s some back-and-forth involved. There’s been several times when my housemates and I have subjected friends to something we think is terrific fun, but at the end, they say “I hated that so much.” (examples: Forbidden Zone, Captain Invincible)… so then there’s a sense of obligation to be shown something they love.

1 Like

On the reality tv mix … that’s a broad category that includes everything from robots to survival shows to cooking contests to watching celebrities whine to home repairs and all sorts of other stuff in between. I will admit I’m a suck for anything with the word “Alaska” in the title, and Les Stroud (aka Survivorman) is just about the the canizzle (that’s a Canadian shinizzle). We all have different tastes – part of what makes the word go around. Nobody getting hurt from watching TBBT or Naked and Afraid.

4 Likes