Kellyanne Conway: killing peaceful protesters will help Trump win

I reserve the desire to 1st copy signed by you :grin:

Yep- your site was the one I was thinking of!

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL SANE?

No, seriously? You have to be on an incalculably high dose of weed or something to actually keep doing that site man, dead serious! Any normal person would be in a suicidally depressed coma when not frothing at the mouth from pure rage if they had to do your job everyday.

Please tell us your secret to avoiding the terrors

13 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out. Trump and his enablers are bad enough that we don’t need to stretch the truth to make points against them. And stretching the truth about how bad they are just gives people an out to dismiss any evidence the Trump administration’s depravity as more fake news. It also allows them to respond to allegations of Trump’s lies by saying that liberals lie, too. It’s a false equivalency to be sure, but why give them that opening, when the unvarnished truth is so powerful?

Trump. Wanting to maim and shoot border migrants. Allowing early-hit blue states to suffer under covid. Assuming KC – his WH advisor and one of his most embarrassingly slavish supporters – believed what she said, then Trump — who has demonstrated that he’d do anything to get re-elected — will welcome her advice.

10 Likes

11 Likes

As though they don’t do that already, constantly, on everything from COVID19 to global warming to evolution to whether Obama is a natural-born citizen. I’ll let others scold you about how the video is only not calling for protester deaths if you view it in a complete vacuum, ignoring everything else that’s known about Trump, current events and American racism, but please don’t act as though facts or honesty have ever mattered to Trump supporters. That’s giving them credit and credibility they absolutely have not earned.

13 Likes

OTOH, they are focusing first on those that actively resist.

You can probably avoid the worst of it personally, for a time at least, if you just keep your head down and go along.

If that’s the sort of thing that you find morally tolerable.

5 Likes

Yeah, this is what really gets me with the current Republican messaging. I keep seeing some variants of “This is what Biden’s America will look like” combined with… images of what’s going on, right now, in Trump’s America. (Although sometimes they have video from other countries, but only because they don’t seem to realize it wasn’t taken in the US or at least want people to think it was.) Or this, that Trump being ineffective in dealing with unrest, actively inflaming violence, even, somehow makes Biden look bad… I just don’t understand what the real message is here. Certainly they’re trying to say that Biden with his former prosecutor VP will be softer on crime than the criminal Donald Trump, but they also seem to be implying that current unrest would somehow be ubiquitous under Biden, I guess?

I notice the Republicans are still contextualizing the violence as it were the fault of anti-police-violence protestors. Either by implying/outright claiming it was perpetrated by BLM protestors, or by extreme victim blaming. Enough media outlets have been reporting the story - or at least writing headlines - to help this narrative, not making it clear who was the shooter and who the victims were, for example, simply lumping vandalism and violence together.

10 Likes

That’s the oddest thing about these new and infrequent commenters who always worry so much about what the opposition thinks - they always seem to be speaking from a place where its all merely some sort of esoteric thought experiment with no actual detrimental impact upon reality.

This isn’t debate club, it’s not a game, it’s not ‘politics as usual…’

For many of us it’s a fight to fucking exist…

27 Likes

You neglected the rest of it, which is the significant bit: “the more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is [for Donald Trump].” She’s very much conflating them all into one phenomenon, implying that the violence is being perpetrated by protesters, when the opposite is true. So yeah, ‘killing protesters will help reelect Donald Trump’ is exactly what she’s saying.

16 Likes

It doesn’t make sense… until one considers Trump and his stooges painting peaceful protesters as the troublemakers; the effect (however limited) of conspiracy theories being pushed 24/7; purging of voter rolls; Russian interference; and emasculation of the USPS. With “enough” Biden votes peeled away (even in a Biden victory), Trump and backers will pull out the stops to delegitimize the election. And – with all that – even if finally out of office in spite of his efforts, the US will have to suffer through a shitstorm.

9 Likes

Agreed. The headline to me looks incorrect and wouldn’t help the cause at all.

She, and other trumpers are all idiots deserving the worst, and pretty sure they also enjoy seeing protesters being beaten and killed, but she did neither say not imply that because she clearly refers to violence from protesters only (in their heads those bastards don’t even think of police brutality as violence). Please keep headlines consistent; had this been written on any widely known newspaper, they would have received a call from Trump lawyers already.
We must keep in mind that this is a war in which they’re going to use everything to discredit their adversaries. Tell an innocuous message containing 99% of truth and 1% fantasy, and that 1% will be inflated and worked upon by their PR department to make as the message and, through well crafted association attacks, everything else you write, is 100% made of lies.

1 Like

The Economy and the Stock Market are two circles on a Venn Diagram that don’t intersect except by coincidence. During Il Douche’s reign of malfeasance they’ve spread farther and farther apart as 2021 approaches.

8 Likes

Seems like an appropriate thread for this again:

15 Likes

Of the (oddly many) future rock stars who happened to be at the Kent State massacre, maybe the only one who actually wrote a song about it was Joe Walsh. “Turn to Stone” was a reference to the feeling of time slowing down when one realizes one is being shot at.

7 Likes

Here’s what the right is up to on Twitter today:

10 Likes

The rise in violence AND pety crime is notable and measured in my very urban area. What’s to be done with the defunding of the police plus the rise in crime? Today they found a body in my neighborhood (according to the neighborhood blog, not the police or news channel) and my sister caught someone breaking into her car yesterday.

The police never were very much help, but now they are much less than helpful. When my sister called 911 it was busy. My question is - who is committing the violence and crime? Is it agitators? is it the gangs? It is gutsy criminals? All I know is it is getting dicey around here… change is afoot

That’s not a petty crime… that’s murder. If the police aren’t helping, then the problem isn’t petty crime. It’s the police.

11 Likes

that’s what i’m saying, literally yesterday it was my sister’s car with the busted window, literally today it’s body in the ditch. It’s alarming and confusing. We’ve always had the pety crime here. You don’t lock your doors , you leave something valuable visible in the back seat, it’s a target. Lately it has seemed more frequent. Then today with the big one. What’s going to happen tomorrow? And who is responsible?

Clearly this is Joe Biden’s fault

4 Likes

That’s what I came here to say. Trump’s America is filled with lawlessness, violence and chaos. Compare that with the Obama/Biden America. I would rather live there but of course I live in real time and do not practice magical thinking. You don’t get a do-over in real life.

4 Likes